New YouTube design online - for some YouTuber only?

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Unbenannt-1.jpg upload_2017-2-15_12-17-4.png

upload_2017-2-15_12-17-57.png
upload_2017-2-15_12-18-51.png
upload_2017-2-15_12-20-7.png

On one of my second channels I now get to try out this new design. Interestingly only on that account and no other. Anyone else who got the new design?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't got it yet, but it doesn't look al that different from the current 1. It's a bit hard to see in the pics, but I only noticed the side bar and the top right part changed the most.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to make the pictures bigger.
The whole design is even cleaner, almost all buttons have a different design, like the like and dislike buttons, subscribe button etc.
As you can see do also the channels have a bit different design.[DOUBLEPOST=1487168388,1487167996][/DOUBLEPOST]You can activate a dark mode now. Was that already possible?

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
upload_2017-2-15_15-21-16.png
Too bad I can't add fullscreen pictures for some reason.
I definitely like the new design.

Reactions: WolfWraith

Free Commercial Use Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I can't really see the images. Is it a design layout only for yourself to see or do other people see a different layout?

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
One of my Google accounts shows me YouTube with the new design but my main Google Account does not. I am liking what I see though :)

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I see this design if I'm logged out / using another browser, but not on any of my accounts yet as far as I'm aware. It's been like that for at least a month or two now. I suspect they're A/B testing, aka showing one version to a certain % of users, and another version to another % of users, then comparing the stats to see which version had people spending more time on the site/interacting/watching more - once they can confirm that the new theme is better that's when it'll likely get released to the masses.

HausofN7

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah just like @JesusGreen I see it when i'm logged out. I'm logged in now and don't see it. But when I saw the new layout I noticed they added black bars to the thumbnails on some channels and it made the thumbnails look funny and squeezed. >_<