New. Using content in video

Sportcars

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi,

I'm pretty new to YouTube, and would like to use part of a motivational speech in my video. I'm going to

comment on it, I'm just cautious about using it. I don't want to use the motivational speech, and then the owner

of the video alleges copyright. How can I use other content in my video safely and legally? Do I need to

reference the source of the original information? However, I've seen many channels use a similar format, and

they are successful. Thanks.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So long as it's transformational, you can use any video on YouTube (they don't like it so don't tell anyone how to download the videos because it's theoretically against the TOS but they can't stop you). It falls entirely under fair use. If they claim copyright, just appeal it. You will almost certainly win. I have never lost an appeal for this.

Sportcars

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So long as it's transformational, you can use any video on YouTube (they don't like it so don't tell anyone how to download the videos because it's theoretically against the TOS but they can't stop you). It falls entirely under fair use. If they claim copyright, just appeal it. You will almost certainly win. I have never lost an appeal for this.
Awesome, thanks a lot. This is helpful to know.