New trend? - "Study with me" videos

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
If this would work in the Norwegian market, I would totally do it.
Minimal effort, maximum outcome.

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I wonder if this might turn into a livestreaming thing? It would be kind of cool -- every evening at 4 pm-ish a livestream of studying for an hour might help motivate kids to work on their homework. I would get distracted by the "recommend for you" videos, but if people have self-control over what they watch on YouTube, I think stuff like this could be helpful.
This could actually be used in so many ways. It's similar to having a group that makes you feel accountable like some do with forums, etc. It would be useful for hobbies like learning an instrument and even exercising. And because viewers can post live on the livestream, it allows them to feel like they are part of a group. You can always use fullscreen to prevent the temptation of clicking on recommend videos.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
lol this would never work for me after about 2 mins of that id be watching entertaining video's and forgetting about my homework....lol

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s not something I would watch because I’m out of high school now, but I do think this is could help kids study more and more and this way they feel like they have someone studying with them. Sometimes I watch Trisha patas eating videos when I’m eating alone lol

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Perhaps young people are playing these clips so they don’t feel like they’re alone?
Yup. That is my case. Although i am not young anymore i always remember myself to listen (older times) news on the radio, later a tv always on on news and so on. Why news? It gives the impression of live. Someone to accompany you while you work. At radio times you could call the station. Tv news and shows was not accesible until twitter fb etc. appeared. Anyway, my guess is that this kind of study with a remote person on screen disengage people further more from real study groups and team efforts. Well maybe i am overreacting...

Reactions: Crown

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I can see why this would be appealing, I definitely feel like trying to focus A LOT if you're in complete silence it's almost distracting when you're trying to concentrate.. I sometimes watch videos of speedpaints or sketchbook tours when I'm doing my work/art ect just to have something going on in the background that doesn't draw me in tooooo much