New trend? Step over an invisible box!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Check out :

• Baffling videos have taken social media by storm, people seemingly walking in mid-air by stepping over an invisible box
  • The premise involves stepping onto the 'box' with one foot and leaping over it with the other foot
  • Some have performed it to perfection such as Anderson University football player Dontez Hines and Manvel High School cheerleader Ariel
  • Others hilariously fail, tripping over their own feet or even falling to the ground
  • The trick works by jumping with one foot while keeping your 'stepping' foot still
  • So the person hops forward on one foot while keeping the other fixed in mid-air

An article on men's health explains how to do it:

'All [the] hip stabilizers on the right side are firing on overtime to hold that hip in position,' he said.

'You'll notice [the] body rotates toward the leg on the step as well; there's a ton of oblique and ab stability maintaining that position.'

But the moving leg that hops forward faces a greater challenge. 'Very explosive hip flexor, abdominal and glute strength is what is driving the leg up and over the box,' Samuel said.

Can you do it? Even if you can't, it could be a video idea for some of you to try it because it seems to be the start of a possible trend. ^^

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I tried that - I would snap a hip I reckon.
Just see a video on FB. Reading the commentssection of the video I read that this started from a YT Prank/comic skit where a 'fake box' was walked over in front of a car sat at the lights causing the driver to get out a remove any obstruction.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
:eek: That was actually kinda cool!

Could you just...

Film a background. Then add a real box wrapped in a green screen.

Step over the box casually, then eliminate the green screen in an editor.
lol yesss! :D You don't even need a green box -- you can just mask it out! Not going to lie... I kind of wish I had slightly different content that would allow me to troll trendy stuff like this. I'd totally go to town with the video effects and handstands and weird crap. xD

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The first one in the video was the best. The others look like they're stepping on bean bag chairs.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Marcel Marceau is rolling over in his invisible grave.