New to YouTube? One Months Worth of Advice

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
So I'm like you, a newtuber and one month ago I wanted to hit the ground running. So I'm no expert, but here's what I've learnt so far.

• Sub for sub will damage you channel.
Sub for sub will only p**s off the YouTube algorithm and result in less view on your videos. Why? Because one aspect of the YouTube algorithm is how many of your subscriber's are watching your new videos and of course, sub for sub people don't give a s**t about your content. Also a large sub base will do nothing to get you higher in YouTube search results, it's all about views and people enjoying your content.

• Ignore the spam in your comments
You'll soon start getting bullshitters asking you to sub them for a chance at a Sunday Shout Out, or some other pyramid scheme nonsense. Ignore them, it's a waste of your time.

• Don't bother with building fake relationships
So there's a unspoken way to do sub for sub and that's fake relationships. Basically you or somebody else start a conversation in YouTube comments, which leads to mutual subs, views and likes. On the surface it sounds fine, but these people soon unsubscribe after a week or two and it's just a waste of your time.

• Have a plan and stick to it
Consistency is king. Know what your going to do and do it. Make quality channel art and thumbnails. Be smart with your tags, these are so important. But most of all, ask yourself, is my video... Entertaining? Informative? Or Funny? If it isn't one of these three things, you probably want to go back to the drawing board.

Like I said at the start, I'm no expert, but I hope this helps some of you. Just remember unless your smoking hot, it'll take a few months to get 100 subs. Good luck :D

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this is basically spot on for a month's worth of advice! Sub 4 sub sucks, People won't stick around long, and spam also sucks...

JammyWam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The first three points are what frustrates me when seeing some new YouTubers. Would also advise no one uses those strategies as it only results in a fake audience who won't view your content.

Reactions: Solid

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Definitly good advice. Unfortunately many will not listen. Especially not when it comes to subs for sub.

Reactions: Solid

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand why ppl do sub 4 sub I would rather build an audience instead of having a bunch of ghost subs not watching the content on the channel they subbed to.

WhitenightMD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't understand why ppl do sub 4 sub I would rather build an audience instead of having a bunch of ghost subs not watching the content on the channel they subbed to.
So true! All that's gonna do is set you up for a let down when you post a new video and don't get near as many views as you have subs!

Reactions: Solid and mr.jacks

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's true that 1st month very important to start Youtube reach strong position. Sometimes comments are powerful and increase earnings on youtube. But Irrelevant comment spamming and down channel. So we should aware to approve spam comment or not.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When newbies are ignorant, they tend to overlook the adverse effect, instead focusing on numbers.

Who doesn't want an easy way out, right?

Reactions: WhitenightMD