Music New to Youtube Doing Music Covers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi All,

I've currently started doing Music Covers on Youtube as i'm finally confident enough to upload, i'm still new to this as i've only started last week so i'm only using basic software such as Audacity, however i'm looking for some collaborations on popular songs or trying something abit different.

Check out my channel by typing in Joey Alexander and my first cover by Sam Smith Too Good at Goodbyes (Not the Chinese Kid) I've got a Cartoon character with 4 Subscribers

Please let me know what you think as we all have our own styles etc.. and if my voice fits well or would work well please get in touch

Still learning new things myself so any feedback or help given would be appreciated

Joe

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

I've been doing YouTube for probably around 4 years now and I still use Audacity to record myself, there's nothing wrong with using it at all :).

I was able to find your channel after filtering youtube to just show channels in search, although it was quite hard to find. You can have your channel show at the bottom of your post by going to your username at the top, then personal details, then scroll down to youtube username and follow the instructions there. That way we won't have to go searching for it. Also if you're looking for collaborations there's a dedicated collaboration area that you can post in.

I watched your video and you did sound pretty good, the video did end quite abruptly though, I'd recommend having a look at some other singers on YouTube (Sam Tsui, KHS, Peter Hollens, etc.) and see how they end their videos and maybe do something similar. Good Luck with your channel in the future!

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Hey Joey welcome to the forum..I am also doing cover music on my channel. You really did good with the cover. As stike said it was hard to find but finally found it haha...Make sure you get your channel linked to the forum.

Where are you from? What type of music you love?
Also make that sub count to 6. Coz you just earned mine. Keep up the good work! :D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Joey welcome to the forum..I am also doing cover music on my channel. You really did good with the cover. As stike said it was hard to find but finally found it haha...Make sure you get your channel linked to the forum.

Where are you from? What type of music you love?
Also make that sub count to 6. Coz you just earned mine. Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks man much appreciated, Having trouble linking don't know where to go

Im From UK, Love pretty much any music expect metal aha and Thanks for Subscribing[DOUBLEPOST=1509923855,1509923780][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

I've been doing YouTube for probably around 4 years now and I still use Audacity to record myself, there's nothing wrong with using it at all :).

I was able to find your channel after filtering youtube to just show channels in search, although it was quite hard to find. You can have your channel show at the bottom of your post by going to your username at the top, then personal details, then scroll down to youtube username and follow the instructions there. That way we won't have to go searching for it. Also if you're looking for collaborations there's a dedicated collaboration area that you can post in.

I watched your video and you did sound pretty good, the video did end quite abruptly though, I'd recommend having a look at some other singers on YouTube (Sam Tsui, KHS, Peter Hollens, etc.) and see how they end their videos and maybe do something similar. Good Luck with your channel in the future!
Thanks man for your feedback and ill get that sorted

Reactions: Stike96

TeraVex

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer, Reviewer
Welcome to the forum! Your cover is great although I did need to do a little digging in order to get to it! As others have said, make sure you link your channel for the ultimate amount of exposure! If you ever need a producer I would love to help in any way I can!

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Thanks man much appreciated, Having trouble linking don't know where to go

Im From UK, Love pretty much any music expect metal aha and Thanks for Subscribing[DOUBLEPOST=1509923855,1509923780][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks man for your feedback and ill get that sorted

Dang!! I was hoping you were from Canada. Oh well!! Maybe sometime in the future if you can meet we colab for sure. If you need any help or suggestion with mixing you can reach out to me man. :)

For the link you need to go under personal details and under youtube just copy and paste your youtube user name from the url. That's all you need to do. :)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will enjoy it here!
Where are you from? How old are you? What made you go into youtube? What do you do besides youtube? Which song was the hardest to cover?
I´m asking because the introduction doesn´t say much about you!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dang!! I was hoping you were from Canada. Oh well!! Maybe sometime in the future if you can meet we colab for sure. If you need any help or suggestion with mixing you can reach out to me man. :)

For the link you need to go under personal details and under youtube just copy and paste your youtube user name from the url. That's all you need to do. :)
Ahaha yeah hopefully in the future we can for sure, thanks man much appreciated and ok ill give that another try now[DOUBLEPOST=1509965332,1509965100][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will enjoy it here!
Where are you from? How old are you? What made you go into youtube? What do you do besides youtube? Which song was the hardest to cover?
I´m asking because the introduction doesn´t say much about you!

So Far So Good a lot of helpful people

Im From UK, Im 21, I started Youtube as i enjoy doing music but never really been confident enough to upload however I'm just going to go for it now, why not?, I Work Full Time and go to the gym when i can, The Hardest song i've covered is either Charlie Puth Attention or Justin Bieber Cold Water