New to Copyright claims

Sam Plays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I'm new to this whole "Copy right claims" and I just got one today, and it's fine, I did use the persons music but I didn't know it was theirs. I just credited the person where I found the music from. Any way I can get rid of this claim without removing the music?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
No.

I did use the persons music but I didn't know it was theirs.
You need express permission to use music, your video isn't copy right claimed it's likely Content ID'ed where he/she is taking all the money because you are using their copyrighted material without permission.

Sam Plays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No.

You need express permission to use music, your video isn't copy right claimed it's likely Content ID'ed where he/she is taking all the money because you are using their copyrighted material without permission.
Well if im not making money at all yet this probably won't matter, right? Right now I just want to grow in views, to 10k

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Well if im not making money at all yet this probably won't matter, right? Right now I just want to grow in views, to 10k
You wont make any money from the video period.

But ads might appear and any revenue will go to the copyright holder.

In long run this will not hurt your channel but it's best to make sure you are using non copyrighted materials in your works.

Sam Plays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You wont make any money from the video period.

But ads might appear and any revenue will go to the copyright holder.

In long run this will not hurt your channel but it's best to make sure you are using non copyrighted materials in your works.
Kinda difficult to find who accualy OWNS the music because if feels like there is the same music in like 10 different channels,

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wait, what? It isn't copyright claimed, it's Content ID'ed? That's like saying, "He didn't drive here, he came here by car." Please don't give confusing information in this subforum. Companies use Content-ID to give copyright claims. They are the same thing.

Sam Plays: You don't need to remove the music because the copyright owner is letting you use it. If they didn't, they'd be taking the video down. A copyright claim lets you use their content while they make the money from it. To remove the claim is to say that you believe you have the right to use the music and make money off it, either because you own the content, you got permission, or the law lets you because of something like Fair Use. If none of those apply, then you wouldn't remove the claim.

Sam Plays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wait, what? It isn't copyright claimed, it's Content ID'ed? That's like saying, "He didn't drive here, he came here by car." Please don't give confusing information in this subforum. Companies use Content-ID to give copyright claims. They are the same thing.

Sam Plays: You don't need to remove the music because the copyright owner is letting you use it. If they didn't, they'd be taking the video down. A copyright claim lets you use their content while they make the money from it. To remove the claim is to say that you believe you have the right to use the music and make money off it, either because you own the content, you got permission, or the law lets you because of something like Fair Use. If none of those apply, then you wouldn't remove the claim.
Well like i said i'm new to all of this so i would like it if you don't get mad at me. And now i know what your talking about so thanks.