New style better than old?

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Starting a new style. I want to shift towards a photography channel. Please let me know what you think of this new style compared to the old if you have time. Also, if I did this again.. would you prefer 10 mins with more explaining, more scenery, etc.. or is 3 mins good?

Pros: More interesting, photos are decent

Cons:
I didn't shoot enough. I ended up with only 3 mins.
Some audio/visual problems
Not enough explanation in some areas.

I am going to try to go out shooting again this weekend and I'll try to do your suggestions if possible by then.
Thank you.

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I didn't get any replies.... so I made another video similar to this. It's also pretty short. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice :/

second video

Reactions: Oliver Lesh

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know how other people deal with the time management, but I'm doing terrible with it, so I didn't have time to look at this part of the forum lately. It's sad, though, because your new videos are amazing.

I think you should definitely stick to your new video style. As you stated in the first post, it's much more interesting and the photos look good. Plus the swan moment was hilarious :D I liked the quality of Yamanashi video more than the one at lake Yamanaka, the sound was better and the recording was less shaky. In my opinion the video from Yamanashi was better even thanks to the small details, like darkened background while showing us the final photos and syncing the slideshow with the background music - it looks simply amazing.
I think you don't really have to be concerned about the lack of explanation, for me as a viewer it was still interesting and I wasn't missing anything - it was just a beautiful place and you showed us a little behind the scenes of shooting great photos. (I don't understand photography that much, so I wouldn't ask for more... Maybe other photographers would be missing something, I don't know.) When it comes to the length of the video itself, I prefer short ones like this, you showed us the highlights of your whole 'trip' (I couldn't come up with better word right now, sorry) and there aren't any moments where I'd be like 'I wanna skip this so bad'.

Overall, your videos are really good and I'm looking forward for more. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: SidTV

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sorry, I don't know how other people deal with the time management, but I'm doing terrible with it, so I didn't have time to look at this part of the forum lately. It's sad, though, because your new videos are amazing.

I think you should definitely stick to your new video style. As you stated in the first post, it's much more interesting and the photos look good. Plus the swan moment was hilarious :D I liked the quality of Yamanashi video more than the one at lake Yamanaka, the sound was better and the recording was less shaky. In my opinion the video from Yamanashi was better even thanks to the small details, like darkened background while showing us the final photos and syncing the slideshow with the background music - it looks simply amazing.
I think you don't really have to be concerned about the lack of explanation, for me as a viewer it was still interesting and I wasn't missing anything - it was just a beautiful place and you showed us a little behind the scenes of shooting great photos. (I don't understand photography that much, so I wouldn't ask for more... Maybe other photographers would be missing something, I don't know.) When it comes to the length of the video itself, I prefer short ones like this, you showed us the highlights of your whole 'trip' (I couldn't come up with better word right now, sorry) and there aren't any moments where I'd be like 'I wanna skip this so bad'.

Overall, your videos are really good and I'm looking forward for more. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for taking the time to watch and reply to my videos. I really appreciate your feedback. It's good to hear I'm on the right track.. But yes, the swan lake video does have some issues but I tried to experiment with bringing lighter gear.

Again, thanks for your time to review my videos.

Reactions: Oliver Lesh