New "step" in Publishing Videos

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good Morning YTtalk

Just published a video this morning and there was an extra step, to go through, before I could finish.

I think it was called "check" and it scans your video for any copyright issues.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Guess it would be nice to know about an issue before hand, but I can envision this becoming a problem, if it does it incorrect, will it allow you to publish the video at all?

Just a friendly heads up.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's the same exact check that used to happen after you published the video.
If youtube is your full time job, seeing this check before hand gives you time to clear stuff, fix claims or dispute claims before you publish. If you upload a video and it gets claimed, you don't make any money from ads. It's better to know before. Most full time youtuber would upload their video as private to check before hand. It's better that everyone now knows about the check before hand.

how much of a video can you show without getting claimed, you can technically check with dozens of videos now without risk (I think) of getting a strike, which is much worst then a claim.

Here's a video by the official YouTube Creators youtube channels [link here].

They announced it yesterday or 2 days ago.

Reactions: JayZippo

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Yeah just saw this when I uploaded a new video this morning. I agree it's good to know as soon as possible about any copyright shenanigans.

Reactions: Nicekid76

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am unfortunately pretty cynical, especially with Youtube. Don't trust them as far as i can throw them. That is not very far at all. Just hope this is not going to hinder uploads if I have like 10 seconds of a song in the background or something.

But as the base functionality of it, and the idea behind it; I do like it.

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah it's really nice. Also it gives you all the info needed to change something, dispute it, or it just lets you know something is up! Links galore also. Kinda hard to understand as a beginner though.