Famebit
  1. Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

New Milestone - branding worked!

Discussion in 'Milestone Announcements' started by iGM, Jan 29, 2018.

1. iGM
    iGM
    That Scottish Guy
    Cash:
    $6
    Hey everyone,

Just got active on my channel again after a while and grew it to 200 subscribers. To anyone here that has subscribed, I thank you.

Recently re-branded my channel and threw together an advertisement strategy using social media and I am up past 200 subscribers from about 120 (ish) in the past few weeks.
    Also took a proper look into tagging etc.

Next target: 300!

#1 iGM, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
    Boki likes this.
  2. Palooza Pizza
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $18
    Channel design and branding looks great! congratulations on 200!

iGM likes this.
  3. HowTo101
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    wow congrats on this achievement!! when you say advertising using social media... did you pay for the social media ads? or sis u use another method?

iGM likes this.
  4. Seansie
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $19
    Hey that’s so awesome! Congrats and your channel looks great. What forms of social media did you use/which worked best?

iGM likes this.
  5. iGM
    iGM
    That Scottish Guy
    Cash:
    $6
    Thank you both!
    I did not pay for my advertisements, no. What I did was create teaser clips of videos for Instagram and make use of Twitter also - posting at optimal times for my demographic during the day on Twitter. I am thinking of writing and putting together a guide on the forums about the usage of Twitter and Instagram as I have found them most effective for promoting my content to specific audiences.
    Is that something that you guys would perhaps want?
    Maybe I could make a short video also?

6. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $123
    Congratulations on 200 subscribers!

iGM likes this.
  7. HowTo101
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    cool thanks for the info, yeah i usually do the same with twitter and instagram. Just wasn't sure if you tried the Facebook ads, i see them all the time and not sure if its worth it to pay for it. I feel like paying for advertising may not be worth it unless you make the money back.

8. iGM
    iGM
    That Scottish Guy
    Cash:
    $6
    Having studied marketing and PR in my HND; that kind of marketing is only really effective if you have a very large budget (talking thousands here) and a large target audience likely to make a return on what you spend.
    E.g an apple product or a film.

Paying for ads, at our kind of scale, is simply not worth it yet.

If you want a video detailing marketing techniques I use, then by all means I can make a short vlog or video with what you can do and what you may want to avoid.
    A video suggesting what you can do, and how to carry out these suggestions?

9. HowTo101
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $24
    yeah that's what i was thinking its prob not worth it at my beginning stages yet.

And I am all set with marketing, i actually minored in marketing in college :) but for others that may be necessary.

iGM likes this.