New gaming channel

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

I play lots of survival/crafting games.
I am hoping to upload 3 - 6 vids a week with around 30mins per vid.
Should I stick to the same game each week or change?
As its a new channel I am not expecting many view so will be hard to gage what viewers want.

Where are good places to promote such channels?

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to play different games maybe instead of changing them every week, have a day set for each week for example Monday could be Minecraft, Wednesday could be Call of Duty, Friday could be Pokemon... If you know what I mean? And stick to that format for a few weeks, find out if people like certain games and maybe focus more on those etc. (as long as you like the game of course) ...

Best place to advertise as well would be to your friends and family on Facebook I guess? Or at least a good start :)

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say play various games. I could never limit my channel to 1 game

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Welcome! I would do 2 or 3 different games a week and just do a schedule. So series game x on Tuesday, series game y on Thursday and then random game z on Saturday. Something like that so you get different audiences and variations.

AlekOP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

I play lots of survival/crafting games.
I am hoping to upload 3 - 6 vids a week with around 30mins per vid.
Should I stick to the same game each week or change?
As its a new channel I am not expecting many view so will be hard to gage what viewers want.

Where are good places to promote such channels?
I don't think it is a good idea to put long videos if you are such a small channel. No will sit and watch your 30 min video.
-In my opinion you need to do as many videos as you can and they should not be more than 10 min. 3-4 maybe 5-6 min nothing more. Your goal first should be to gain their attention the first 10 seconds of each video. Make sure you start with something interesting, funny, scary or what ever the idea is for your videos. Make some short highlights from your gameplay - that will work better than a 30 min boring video that not even you wanna watch.
I started w my channel 3 weeks ago and I post sometimes 3-4 videos a day. Good luck

Morgeh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've only just recently started trying to build my channel up. I'm sticking to a two vid a per week schedule with most vids being no longer than 15 minutes. I try to upload every Tuesday and Thursday with Tuesday alternating between minecraft and a different game every other week and Thursday being consistently that weeks Tavern Brawl in Hearthstone.

Your goal first should be to gain their attention the first 10 seconds of each video. Make sure you start with something interesting, funny, scary or what ever the idea is for your videos. Make some short highlights from your gameplay - that will work better than a 30 min boring video that not even you wanna watch.
This sounds like great advice that I shall be taking, I've noticed over the last 3 weeks that most of my videos only get 2 or 3 watch minutes per view so my viewers are getting bored and switching off.

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Change up the games a little, the interest will go down and you will lose views.