New Finance Channel... growth rate normal?

Money Talks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,
I started a new channel last month that is all about empowering the viewer with the information and tips they need to help achieve their financial goals. I teamed up with one of my buddies who is a certified financial planner and our goal is to honestly share information and educate the ordinary person. We've been at it for about a month now with 3 videos plus the channel trailer and have 60 subscribers and a little over 1,000 views. I was just wondering if that is a normal pace to grow at or if I am behind?
we try to post about once a week... is that a good time span? and if we were to go to every week and a half or every other week would that hurt us? Also is the channel something that will grab your attention and keep the viewer interested?

Any advice or help you can give is much appreciated.
Thank you,
Money Talks

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
We've been at it for about a month now with 3 videos plus the channel trailer and have 60 subscribers and a little over 1,000 views. I was just wondering if that is a normal pace to grow at or if I am behind?
Don't stress too much about your growth rate. Every channel grows at a different pace. 60 subs in a month is great, it took me 6 months to get to a 100 ;) There might be people growing way faster, but that's not important. Just focus on taking little steps.

we try to post about once a week... is that a good time span? and if we were to go to every week and a half or every other week would that hurt us?
Once a week is the minimum, I'd say. If you can upload twice or even three times a week, that'd be amazing. I uploaded twice a week for almost a month and saw a significant increase in views and subs. Sadly couldn't keep it up, but I could definitely see the difference.

Also is the channel something that will grab your attention and keep the viewer interested?
I'm not into finance, but you're definitely on the right path to grab people's attention! Good titles, pretty good thumbnails. Keep in mind that the timestamp obscures the text in the right hand bottom and try to limit the text on the thumbnail. So instead of putting the full title of '3 investment strategies you need to know' on the thumbnail, just put '3 investment strategies!' on it and put the rest in your title.

Also, good and clear trailer! You speak with confidence and there are no jumpcuts, which really helps bring across that you know what you're talking about.

Personally I would change your banner though. The money makes for a crowded background. The slogan is good, but I would foremost put your name (that's your brand after all) on the banner, with the slogan underneath.

Money Talks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't stress too much about your growth rate. Every channel grows at a different pace. 60 subs in a month is great, it took me 6 months to get to a 100 ;) There might be people growing way faster, but that's not important. Just focus on taking little steps.

Once a week is the minimum, I'd say. If you can upload twice or even three times a week, that'd be amazing. I uploaded twice a week for almost a month and saw a significant increase in views and subs. Sadly couldn't keep it up, but I could definitely see the difference.

I'm not into finance, but you're definitely on the right path to grab people's attention! Good titles, pretty good thumbnails. Keep in mind that the timestamp obscures the text in the right hand bottom and try to limit the text on the thumbnail. So instead of putting the full title of '3 investment strategies you need to know' on the thumbnail, just put '3 investment strategies!' on it and put the rest in your title.

Also, good and clear trailer! You speak with confidence and there are no jumpcuts, which really helps bring across that you know what you're talking about.

Personally I would change your banner though. The money makes for a crowded background. The slogan is good, but I would foremost put your name (that's your brand after all) on the banner, with the slogan underneath.
Awesome thank you so much for the feedback i will definitley take all of that into consideration and make changes!!
Its good to know that im on a decent pace with the subscribers.
I wish i could post twice a week but we both have busy full time jobs and its hard to post more than once a week maybe as we get the hang of it more and get a good strategy down well be able to upload more often. Trial and error right! Thanks again! I truley appreciate the help!

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Everyone,
I started a new channel last month that is all about empowering the viewer with the information and tips they need to help achieve their financial goals. I teamed up with one of my buddies who is a certified financial planner and our goal is to honestly share information and educate the ordinary person. We've been at it for about a month now with 3 videos plus the channel trailer and have 60 subscribers and a little over 1,000 views. I was just wondering if that is a normal pace to grow at or if I am behind?
we try to post about once a week... is that a good time span? and if we were to go to every week and a half or every other week would that hurt us? Also is the channel something that will grab your attention and keep the viewer interested?

Any advice or help you can give is much appreciated.
Thank you,
Money Talks

I agree with dutchie, dont focus on growth. every channel is different and everyone has different means as far as entertainment goes. 60 subs in 1 mo is great. You views is also great in comparison to subs and I think that is what counts. to be you are starting out way above average. Most people with 20 - 60 subs get about 10 - 20 views yet you are in the 100s. so whatever you do, DO NOT sub4sub as that kills your channel. let me people come naturally to your channel. Occasionally you will get hits on some videos and that usually drives more subs meaning more views on future videos. Also, to to use video templates at the end screen so ALL of your videos are webbed in. Personally keep doing what you are doing and let people naturally sub to your channel because they TRULY will like your content and want to see more.

I cant really judge on video retention and viewer engagement since finance is not really my thing lol but jump cuts, brolls and all of that definitely adds and holds viewers attention. You might want to check your analytics and check your view retention time. honestly that is what youtube mostly looks at is, viewer retention and how often people click on "recommended for you" videos when you pop up for them.

Most importantly have fun with your videos!! do not let it become work. do it as a hobby and for fun. Best way I can explain it is, I never cared for growth on mine, I just enjoyed making dirtbike videos and if people like it, then so be it, if not then w/e hahah but I am mostly doing it for myself.

Reactions: Money Talks

Money Talks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with dutchie, dont focus on growth. every channel is different and everyone has different means as far as entertainment goes. 60 subs in 1 mo is great. You views is also great in comparison to subs and I think that is what counts. to be you are starting out way above average. Most people with 20 - 60 subs get about 10 - 20 views yet you are in the 100s. so whatever you do, DO NOT sub4sub as that kills your channel. let me people come naturally to your channel. Occasionally you will get hits on some videos and that usually drives more subs meaning more views on future videos. Also, to to use video templates at the end screen so ALL of your videos are webbed in. Personally keep doing what you are doing and let people naturally sub to your channel because they TRULY will like your content and want to see more.

I cant really judge on video retention and viewer engagement since finance is not really my thing lol but jump cuts, brolls and all of that definitely adds and holds viewers attention. You might want to check your analytics and check your view retention time. honestly that is what youtube mostly looks at is, viewer retention and how often people click on "recommended for you" videos when you pop up for them.

Most importantly have fun with your videos!! do not let it become work. do it as a hobby and for fun. Best way I can explain it is, I never cared for growth on mine, I just enjoyed making dirtbike videos and if people like it, then so be it, if not then w/e hahah but I am mostly doing it for myself.
Awesome!! Thank you soo much for all the feedback! Its good to hear that the growth is at a good rate!
Yeah i agree i never do the sub4 sub because those people just subscribe then delete it the next day and they arent going to interact and thats what we want subscribers who are going to interact naturally you know! I didnt think of that to link all my videos thats a good idea! I will definitely change that!

Yeah I agree i have so much fun filming these videos and editing them! And I do it with my buddy so we have a lot of laughs and fun filming and looking at all the “ bloopers”. Thats why I love doing these videos is because I have fun with it and enjoy editing and what not.
You have a great channel too man i enjoy your videos and you have some great content!

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Awesome!! Thank you soo much for all the feedback! Its good to hear that the growth is at a good rate!
Yeah i agree i never do the sub4 sub because those people just subscribe then delete it the next day and they arent going to interact and thats what we want subscribers who are going to interact naturally you know! I didnt think of that to link all my videos thats a good idea! I will definitely change that!

Yeah I agree i have so much fun filming these videos and editing them! And I do it with my buddy so we have a lot of laughs and fun filming and looking at all the “ bloopers”. Thats why I love doing these videos is because I have fun with it and enjoy editing and what not.
You have a great channel too man i enjoy your videos and you have some great content!
ya man anytime! Yeah exactly!! well not just that alone, but from what I researched (given I am no pro but have researched) when someone sub4sub YT algorithm picks that up something about subs count vs view retention vs total video views that it will completely lose your rankings and "recommendations" for other people. YT can pick up natural subs and views coming from those subs. when I look at my analytics, 70% of my views are from my subs which is something YT rewards within time (from what I researched)

looks like youre right in that path so just keep doing at it! Biggest thing though is consistency :) YT favors channels who are consistent from what ive read. Again, this is just articles and stuff I have researched and a while back ago I had a gaming channel which I subbed4sub or "support ea others channel" type deal and noticed it did kill my channel. but I kind of wanted to test it lol this dirtbike channel I have is 100% natural every sub I get is 100% on their own. of course there is a few I know in person but maybe like 4 of them.

but yeah!! def yeah you are doing much better than most people who first start out! def get those end video templates out. helps get views across your videos. when i first started think i had 40 - 50 views on my first videos....those videos are now at around 100 - 300 and I think its because of the templates. haha and thanks man appreciate it!

good luck! let me know if you have any other questions!! I know a 2 big YTers in person well kinda one has 10k the other has 200k so they kinda helped me out a bit

Reactions: Money Talks

Money Talks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
ya man anytime! Yeah exactly!! well not just that alone, but from what I researched (given I am no pro but have researched) when someone sub4sub YT algorithm picks that up something about subs count vs view retention vs total video views that it will completely lose your rankings and "recommendations" for other people. YT can pick up natural subs and views coming from those subs. when I look at my analytics, 70% of my views are from my subs which is something YT rewards within time (from what I researched)

looks like youre right in that path so just keep doing at it! Biggest thing though is consistency :) YT favors channels who are consistent from what ive read. Again, this is just articles and stuff I have researched and a while back ago I had a gaming channel which I subbed4sub or "support ea others channel" type deal and noticed it did kill my channel. but I kind of wanted to test it lol this dirtbike channel I have is 100% natural every sub I get is 100% on their own. of course there is a few I know in person but maybe like 4 of them.

but yeah!! def yeah you are doing much better than most people who first start out! def get those end video templates out. helps get views across your videos. when i first started think i had 40 - 50 views on my first videos....those videos are now at around 100 - 300 and I think its because of the templates. haha and thanks man appreciate it!

good luck! let me know if you have any other questions!! I know a 2 big YTers in person well kinda one has 10k the other has 200k so they kinda helped me out a bit
Awesome man! That's some great knowledge and things that i never thought of! I guess it really is true when they say that YT is a science! I have studied a little bit about it and the longer i do it i learn more especially from talking to people like you! Ill be sure to do the end video templates right now!
Thanks again for your help and good luck with your channel as well! I look forward to watching your channel grow further!