New feature suggestion: Email notifications for specific playlists!

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey, you know what would be a totally dope a** feature for youtube to have? One that maybe we can start a petition for youtube to implement?

The ability for youtubers to subscribe to and receive email notifications of individual playlists!

You currently have the ability to subscribe to an entire channel, and once you're subscribed, you can click the bell icon to receive email notifications for that channel. However, there are plenty of channels that provide variety content, and those channels often have entire chunks of their subscriber base who are only interested in one type of content. My channel is one such variety channel.

Because some of my fans are only interested in one type of content, they do not receive email notifications because they do not want their email inbox flooded with upload notifications they only have a 1 in 5 chance of actually caring about. This means that they often simply check my channel page every once in a while to see if I've uploaded any videos that interest them, dramatically increasing the chances that they might miss something.

If, however, we had the ability to turn on notifications for individual playlists, fans would be much less hesitant to turn on said notifications. They would set up notifications for the series they want to follow, and never miss a single episode of those series, resulting in more views overall for the content creators.

So what do you guys think? Should we start a petition for youtube to implement such a feature?