New Equipment- Any Good?

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey, dudes, I'm getting some new equipment to fix the awful audio of my videos, and add a nice face-cam. If anyone has any recommendations for equipment, please do let me know. Otherwise, what I'm thinking right now is the Razer Seiren X as well as the Razer Kiyo. They seem like wonderful equipment and quite useful. Some things I'm considering still are: adjustable microphone arm (needed or nah?), green screen (perhaps a portable one), and a nice, stylish chair (I currently sit on a nice stool, which is comfortable, but not for long periods at a time), and lastly and probably most importantly is something to adjust my audio better (perhaps means to record my audio separate from game audio that's reliable and possibly even my friend's audio). If anyone's got any input I'm eager to listen and discuss!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would recommend a good mic or maybe precording the audio if you’re just showing you playing the game kind of like most gamers who don’t show their face they just record themselves playing the game then I would recommend adding the audio to your video.

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Recently Blue Yeti was re modeled, i'd recommend that to be honestly, just remember there's a difference between the Yeti and Yeti Pro.

Webcam i'd go Logitech C920 or anything else that can capture 60 FPS in export.
I had one once upon a time, and the thing never worked, it was awful. I sent it in under its warranty and they told me it was still working but I said, "Yeah, it's a great paperweight, don't get me wrong, but I need it to pick up sound."

Oh, and I went ahead and got the Razer Kiyo. The two work like a dream.[DOUBLEPOST=1515606462,1515606347][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would recommend a good mic or maybe precording the audio if you’re just showing you playing the game kind of like most gamers who don’t show their face they just record themselves playing the game then I would recommend adding the audio to your video.
I've considered that, and half-used it. I record the audio separately and sync it with the video. So the audio is still live that means. I couldn't morally justify recording the audio entirely separately, I felt like I needed to be clever on the spot haha.

Reactions: RakunioOfficial

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Never had an issue with the Blue Yeti personally as it is my main microphone to this day for YouTube recording, but i'd go with a non USB microphone if that's your issue, i'd recommend probably the Shure microphones.
Huh, never heard of them. And yeah, everyone's told me that the yeti is super reliable, that's why I bought it, but still never had any luck. But, I ended up going with another USB microphone and it works perfectly. Thanks for the input, though, much appreciated

Reactions: RakunioOfficial