New End Card (Outro)?

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been thinking, I could really use a new outro. My current one is like a chalkboard on a dark wood background with my video link on the top left with Subscribe! written underneath and my social media sites on the right. The text is kinda chalk looking too. I'm thinking of keeping the same kinda theme but having it be one of those freestanding chalkboards with that on it. I'm totally open to any suggestion and idea because I'm kind of stuck right now.

SharSjar

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make an end card as an outro! I did it with my latest video (The Wolf Among Us gameplay episode 1 part 2) It should raise your watch time on YT

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make an end card as an outro! I did it with my latest video (The Wolf Among Us gameplay episode 1 part 2) It should raise your watch time on YT
AH that's the actual name for it! Yeah I was wanting to rework my end card, I just don't know how I want it to look.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Woh just realised I'm already subscribed to you lol.

Anyway, I think your current outro is fine, but honestly (event I'm a hypocrite here), I think if you can avoid traditional outros you'll find it helping watch time %. Since your current one is so short, perhaps just overlay it in the video and vocally draw attention to plugs you want your viewers to notice.

After all, telling people to do stuff, and explaining why they should actually follow your on twitter for example, is going to get them more motivated to actually do it. Otherwise they just see youtuber, outro card, usual stuff. But if you say, hey guys, if you follow me on twitter you may actually see me making opinionated posts about x coffee something etc., so be sure to do that if you're interested in extra information

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Woh just realised I'm already subscribed to you lol.

Anyway, I think your current outro is fine, but honestly (event I'm a hypocrite here), I think if you can avoid traditional outros you'll find it helping watch time %. Since your current one is so short, perhaps just overlay it in the video and vocally draw attention to plugs you want your viewers to notice.
AH nice! Didn't think of that. I may have to put those links in at the end (been pretty lazy about that) and have to point it out. Thanks for the thoughts though!

Reactions: Rails2Revolution

SharSjar

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My end card has some one way interaction with those who watch my video. I speak, point and explain and boom end haha. With a nice song underneath it (royalty free)