New directions or stay the course

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Need some advice. Sorry for the long post.
So after a year of making 1 video at an average of every 1.5 weeks I feel a lot more comfortable in front of the camera and am much quicker in getting film done. My editing has improved as well.

So looking good.

But recently looking over my analytics it is really clear that people like my adversarial political rants and angry rants more than my lighthearted reaction/review videos (which I use to basically fill between the political stories).
There is no real problem with that but if I was to focus on that style only, it takes a lot more time and research to make and my output would drop right down.

Now my kids love watching youtube (youtube kids app) and know I do filming (they cant watch all of them because of my sometimes bad language). They have started asking me to film them for youtube which I have resisted because - well its the 'internet'.
Then yesterday my wife shows me this video on facebook from a 'family' vlogger. Then later on a drive to get dinner we are doing our usual stupid conversation in the car with the kid, we are all laughing and having a great time and my wife says "we should film stuff like this and put it on youtube".

So now my wife is interested and my kids are nagging me, but it occurs to me that if we started a second channel for the family stuff and we uploaded at 1 to 1.5 videos a week I could forget with making "filler" on my personal channel and stick to what people prefer without stressing about a low video output....

So long story short: Should I create a family vlog that makes a video per a week, and concentrate on the popular formulae only for my personal channel?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^_^

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say a family vlog channel sounds like a good idea! But of course it is up to you to decide, it is your family after all! I don't personally watch family vlogs but I know a lot of people who do and they always complain that there aren't any real ones, ya know. If you do start one, let me know and I will spread the word!