NEW CHANNEL? WORTH IT?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey we are a new kids channel with only 12 subs! Is this normally a really slow process. Not many views or subs etc?

its not just Kids channel, its all channels. Shoot my 2nd channel has been stuck at 7 subs for over a month. My main channel also started off slow but then blew up down the road.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
What would you call blew up and how long did it take?
i would say 4 to 6mo until people started discovering my channel and the bikes I have. ever since then i usually get about 10 - 20 subs in a day to 3 days.

give you an idea. I got 140 subs alone this month, when I first started it was maybe 10 - 20 subs a month if I was lucky. now its just a snowball effect. I dont pay attention to subs though, views are more important in my eyes. people have 2k 3k subs but get 50 to 100 views, makes no sense to me. Focus on your tags what people want to see and what certain keywords get the most views in the long run. sometimes it takes a while for a video to generate views. some never do. I have some old videos that are stuck at 50 views from a year ago, but other videos are now climbing in views. about 2 months ago, some of my new old videos were stuck at 40 views, they are about 300 - 400 now. IDK the YT algorithm is weird.

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really wasn't meaning to be negative in any way. 12 subscribers a week at first is not too bad at all. I'm getting to be an old fart, and I've never heard a story of someone being a success at something after a week. Probably never will.

In my opinion, there's probably a time around 3 months into something, where it is gut check time and you decide whether it's all worth it. Where you decide whether you will stick with it and persevere with that activity. When I hear someone say they are thinking of giving up on something after a week, I just thought it doesn't sound enjoyable and it won't get easier from here. I say do what you love to do! A lot of people never find or pursue what they love doing... as long as your searching for it, you're living!

Reactions: Crown

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Has anyone got any tips on how to spread the channel apart from your own social media?

haha funny you asked, i tried this and eventually it will be discovered. I tried to keep it as private as possible but everyone at my work knows about it, all my friends and they like it. they watch it. can be a good thing. not much to it except just try to be as private as possible about it, which never worked for me

Reaction score
Oh yeah my friends and family know! I mean in general. Is it just a case of being patient and let it do the work itself

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Before you start worrying about your subs and views, how is your audience retention?