New Channel: should i join a network early

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As the title says, I am just in the process of creating my channel (have some basic content at the moment but looking to expand/improve), should i look for a network to help with my initial growth or try and grow alone?

Thanks for any advise

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
As the title says, I am just in the process of creating my channel (have some basic content at the moment but looking to expand/improve), should i look for a network to help with my initial growth or try and grow alone?

Thanks for any advise
Networks will not help you grow, unless you are a huge channel with millions of subscribers. Most network contracts specifically state that you are expected to do everything you can to grow your own channel. All a network will do is take a cut of the earnings left you after YouTube takes its own cut; and possibly give perks like royalty-free music, and videomaking contests occasionally. If you are not currently monetizing your videos you will be forced into monetization if you join a network.

Addendum: Is the channel titled Gamer XXXL yours?

If so you are too small to even be of interest to a network. One video and 0 subscribers will have most MCNs telling you to come back when you have more content and subscribers, unless they are extremely money-hungry and will take any applicant no matter the channel size.

Any MCN like that is waving a big red flag with the words "Stay Away: I will Eat You!" on it.

Last edited:

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK thanks for the feedback, I will stay clear of them for the time being.
That channel isn't mine. The link to my channel should now work.
I know new and have little to offer at the moment, not even voice over on vids at the moment, this is coming with my next group of uploads. But hopefully I will have more eventually.
But either way I enjoy gaming and sharing with others.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Is that the game's music I hear on your videos?

If so you may get a Content ID. Would mute the in-game sound to avoid getting tagged. Good beginning; better than the one I thought was yours.

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ok thanks for the heads up with the music, ill make sure i do that in future.