New Channel Name

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, check this out my dudes!

I've been doin' some strategerizing while reading through all of the great information on the forum here and I'm thinking about creating a second YouTube channel.

YOU GO MR. BRISKET!!!!!

I know right? :).

So, I originally started out just uploading gaming videos and live streams, which I really enjoy doing.

.....but then I started doing VLOGS and found that I really like that as well. I'm originally from California, but the VLOGS initially covered my move from the Southeast of the United States (Knoxville, Tennessee), where I lived for 19 years, to the Northeast (Pennsylvania). After the move I began creating videos where old and new friends would join me on fun journeys around the area where I now live. I've found that I totally love the creativity in the video editing process so Imma keep doing the VLOGS.

Right now the VLOGS are in a Playlist on my channel called "Southern Yankee" but I'm thinkin' about moving these VLOGS to their own channel.

I thought I would give the new channel the same name as the current Playlist: "Southern Yankee", but some dude and dudette beat me to it and have a channel by that name. I would much rather have a unique channel name.

I was thinking my current channel I would rename to: Frisky Brisket - Gaming, and the second channel to Frisky Brisket - VLOGS. This way I could still have the "Southern Yankee" series as a playlist on the VLOG channel, but also create playlists for each different VLOG series I create.

But, do you cool dudes and dudettes have a better name that I could use for a second channel based on all of the noise I just typed up above?

What would you guys think could be a fun name for my second channel?

Thanks in advance my cool dudes! :).

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe a little bit off topic, but why would you want it to be a second channel? Why not just rename the channel you have so it matches the content you do and / or planning to do in the future?

In the future you might have a brilliant idea not related to gaming / vlogs and you'll end up having the same problem you are having now.

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe a little bit off topic, but why would you want it to be a second channel? Why not just rename the channel you have so it matches the content you do and / or planning to do in the future?

In the future you might have a brilliant idea not related to gaming / vlogs and you'll end up having the same problem you are having now.

Hey JuriKaGaming,

Thanks for responding to my post. Right now my channel name is very generic. When I started out I wanted the channel to be for entertainment purposes so that I could branch out and do more things in the future. I have everything grouped in playlists on the channel and my VLOG series is in one of those playlists.

You seem to be suggesting to keep everything on one channel, and that's total cool. It's just, based on what I'm gathering from different forums on this website it might be a good idea to have gaming on one channel and VLOGS on another.

Do you feel it's better then to just leave everything on the same channel? That would certainly make administration of my content and channel easier if that's the case. I'm willing to listen to, and take suggestions on, this because I don't really have an idea what's best overall.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond my friend. It's greatly appreciated! :).

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't think I'm in a place to say what's better yet, as I'm a small, beginning youtuber. I think it would be my personal preference to keep things in one channel. The biggest reason for me would be that this way your followers, subscribers, fans, wouldn't be split into separate communities.

Everyone would be coming to a single channel for different things. Maybe somebody that's originally watching your gaming videos and streams might check out your vlogs out of curiosity on the same channel and start getting interested, get hooked and watch the whole series.
If things were to be in different channels it might become more of a hassle for the viewer to browse around all the content you have.

That said you could easily promote the channels to each other.

And like you say, it would definitely be easier to manage in one channel.

Maybe you could try a mix of both and see how it works out? Create the new channel for the vlogs, upload to both channels for a little while and see how you find it running two channels. You might see that most people keep going to the original channel to watch the vlogs. Or maybe it's just the other way around, people going to the new channel for the vlogs.
After a little test period you could then decide to keep the second channel for you vlogs, or put it all into one channel. Win win?

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have done some additional research and found some information that supports what you are saying here in this thread. I may stick with one channel for now and see how things go.

I always totally have the option later on of creating another channel if I like. Fortunately creating additional channels on YouTube is free.....at least for now.

Thanks again my friend for the information. :).

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could always reserve the name already!

You could always leave t on one channel. But you would get a devided audience on your channel which would gain your subs but will keep your views low since you might get an audience that only wants to watch your vlogs for example and an audience that only wants to watch your gaming videos.

So it could turn demotivating because you won't get the views compared to your subs ! Just keep that in my mind if you stay on one channel!

And if you reserve the name for it! And you decide you want to get into a second channel you already have it reserved for your use so you won't have to struggle with names that have been taken :p

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Don!

Thanks my man! That's a lot of great ideas you have there, and I'm totally gonna be taken all of it into consideration when I decide how to move forward with what to do on my channel.

Thanks for stopping by the thread my man and providing your thoughts on this. It's greatly appreciated.

Take care my friend! :).

Reactions: DonHazeon