New Channel Feedback

Josh Rainford

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I am new to the whole work of Youtube, I've been going for about two weeks but with work and other commitments, i am not able to post loads of videos.

I've managed to get 3 videos uploaded and just in the process of uploading another one now.

What i want from you guys is a glance over my channel as i dont seem to be getting all that much traffic...

Is my logo ok/page banner ok? or too simple?

Are my video thumbnails/titles ok or should i be doing something else?

What about SEO? I have tried tagging my videos as much as possible that relates to the game or video clip but wasnt sure if i was missing any little tricks to get my videos noticed more?

Any comments/constructive criticism is welcome! :)

Thanks, J

Reactions: Cloud9

Cloud9

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I am new to the whole work of Youtube, I've been going for about two weeks but with work and other commitments, i am not able to post loads of videos.

I've managed to get 3 videos uploaded and just in the process of uploading another one now.

What i want from you guys is a glance over my channel as i dont seem to be getting all that much traffic...

Is my logo ok/page banner ok? or too simple?

Are my video thumbnails/titles ok or should i be doing something else?

What about SEO? I have tried tagging my videos as much as possible that relates to the game or video clip but wasnt sure if i was missing any little tricks to get my videos noticed more?

Any comments/constructive criticism is welcome! :)

Thanks, J
Hi there Josh!
now i will warn you, my channel isn't that big either but i will try and use what little knowledge i have :giggle:
your logo/profile picture is actually really nice, its simple, effective and professional. your channel banner is a little less so, where your logo looks like some effort has been put into it, the banner looks rushed, try and add some details about yourself, like say "JR Gaming" then a slogan underneath or something along those lines.

The same goes for your thumbnails, i'm not sure what your using to create them but they seem a little ammature and rushed. try and use some tutorials on how to create professional looking text (like this one:
) but like i said it depends on what software your using. saying this, your video Titles are pretty spot on. they get to the point, there short and concise. not much more needed really :biggrin:
that's about as much as i can do to help i'm afraid, SEO isn't my speciality i'm still learning myself. anyway i hope any of this even remotely helps. i actually quite liked your content too so you earned a sub from me!
hope it goes well!

-Cloud

Reactions: Josh Rainford

DeliciousCrackers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Im gonna be brutally honest here. Your content seems a bit boring. Try doing something like character skill tree explanation or showcase. Something with a little more work and research put into it. Then add an entertainment factor to it.
Hope this helped!
Best of luck!

Reactions: Josh Rainford

Josh Rainford

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for your constructive feedback guys, much appreciated.

I will have a look at doing a new channel banner this week and will do some research into making decent looking thumbnails.

As for the content, I am still getting new to the whole editing side of things but getting used to all of that now so I will now start to have a think about the quality of content i am recording, thank you for your suggestions and taking the time to look.