New Channel but my comments go straight to SPAM filter

Reaction score
Hello. I started a new YouTube channel on March 29th. From the very start, any comments I post on other people's videos go straight to their SPAM filter. I've posted comments on videos of channels that I've been subscribed to, and have a great relationship with, on my personal channel. They're not spam comments at all.

I've tried logging into my other, personal channel and commented to let the uploaders know about this. They checked their SPAM filters and marked my comments (under the new channel) as approved. But my comments continue to go to their SPAM filters. It happens with new channels I'm subscribing to as well as other channels I'm simply trying to comment on.

I've tried getting support directly from YouTube but to no avail.

Why is this happening? How can I get this fixed? There's nobody at YouTube to go to for help. I know I'm not the only one this is happening to. It's been a problem with many others for quite some time, according to the posts I've read on the YouTube help site. How am I supposed to be able to upload videos and use my channel if I can't comment? Why am I automatically considered a SPAMMER?

Please, does anyone know of a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Please. Doesn't anyone know who I can speak to or a procedure I can go through to get this situation resolved? It's utterly and completely ridiculous that there is N.O.T.H.I.N.G I can do about this or that there's no help out there to go to.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's an annoying and weird thing to happen. Please do realize that this is not an official Youtube helpforum, none of the members here are actual Google or Youtube staff members. You will have to report this to Youtube itself or use the official forum to get this sorted.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello. I started a new YouTube channel on March 29th. From the very start, any comments I post on other people's videos go straight to their SPAM filter. I've posted comments on videos of channels that I've been subscribed to, and have a great relationship with, on my personal channel. They're not spam comments at all.

I've tried logging into my other, personal channel and commented to let the uploaders know about this. They checked their SPAM filters and marked my comments (under the new channel) as approved. But my comments continue to go to their SPAM filters. It happens with new channels I'm subscribing to as well as other channels I'm simply trying to comment on.

I've tried getting support directly from YouTube but to no avail.

Why is this happening? How can I get this fixed? There's nobody at YouTube to go to for help. I know I'm not the only one this is happening to. It's been a problem with many others for quite some time, according to the posts I've read on the YouTube help site. How am I supposed to be able to upload videos and use my channel if I can't comment? Why am I automatically considered a SPAMMER?

Please, does anyone know of a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

not going to lie, when i had a gaming channel (no longer do) I would do comment and sub to other peoples channel in hopes they would sub to me. YT does a very good job at detecting those "sub4sub" type comments or can "tell" when a channel is just trying to sub in hopes to get subs in return. Same thing happened to me in my gaming channel bc I didnt know better. If you are mass subbing and mass commenting in hopes of getting subs in return I would advise you to stay clear from that. usually when YT marks your comments as spam, that is the first sign of a downhill channel. probably what you dont want to hear, but I already lived through it. Its just all part of the algorithm. YT wants hard working legit content creators.

In my dirtbike channel, its all genuine. I dont comment on NO-ONES channel, and if I do, it is because I know them, really do like their content or we ride together. the few channels I comment, it was never marked as spam when I first started this channel at 0 subs 5 months ago. I know its tempting to just blast other channels with comments in hopes to grow in subs but in all honestly they wont care about your content and will just kill your view time. I know I am a tiny youtuber, but my audience retention is usually 50% or higher vs my gaming channel with 700 subs at the time with 10 sec retention on a video and averaging 30 - 40 views.

not saying you are doing this, but that is my guess why YT algorithm is doing this.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
any comments that people post on my channel that contain links go straight to my held for review potential spam area. I normally don't see any seemingly normal comments get held for review.