New Background Change

Peyton

Reaction score
Why is youtube taking away the backgrounds.

Do partners stil get to keep backgrounds

and how do you guys know this is going to happen?

Shadeypwns

Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Backgrounds are changing on Feb 22nd last I heard. You can check out iJustine's YT channel and there's a few blog posts around the net about it. If I could post links I would, hopefully someone else comes along who can :)

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer

Shadeypwns

Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I love the change. Thank you Shane for linking that blog post :)

I know people are going to lose out on their "creativity" for background designs and such, but if you want a truly creative space you should be looking at getting a website drawn up for you and your channel. Can't afford a website or don't want to invest in one right now? Chances are your channel is too small, or you are very new to making content anyways, and you don't need that creative space. I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but I've seen hundreds of smaller channels make the most basic mistakes when it comes to channel design and branding, and with the YT changes now they can't make their channels look terrible.

Reactions: Liz Lamar

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Wow, I just made a new youtube background :oops:
Well if you decide to not move to the new layout for the first few months then you can keep it, although for non-partners the new layout is probably better as you get a banner ;)

Liz Lamar

Reaction score
Personally I love the change. Thank you Shane for linking that blog post :)

I know people are going to lose out on their "creativity" for background designs and such, but if you want a truly creative space you should be looking at getting a website drawn up for you and your channel. Can't afford a website or don't want to invest in one right now? Chances are your channel is too small, or you are very new to making content anyways, and you don't need that creative space. I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but I've seen hundreds of smaller channels make the most basic mistakes when it comes to channel design and branding, and with the YT changes now they can't make their channels look terrible.
I agree with you. There are free blogs sites out there for those limited on cash ;)