New Animation Channel How to compete?

Noseman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hi everybody!

I am Tobi and I work in the film industry in Tokyo. I just created my first short film and I want to try to make good animation short films for youtube. However it is difficult to compete with the big established channels. Any advice from you would be great! The problem is I can not make many videos in a short time because animation takes time, but I want as many views as possible per video. What is the best strategy?

Best regards!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi and welcome to YTTalk. :)

Moved from the introductions forum to the strategy / technique forum because you haven't really introduced yourself. :)

Can I suggest you create another thread in the introductions forum to introduce yourself to the community (not just your channel) ? :)

-Please read this thread to learn how to make a good introduction thread: http://yttalk.com/threads/read-this-before-you-introduce-yourself.126658/
-and then introduce yourself here: http://yttalk.com/forums/introduce-yourself.4/

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Start with friends and family and go from there? I don't know, just be active in the community too that helps a lot

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
Bottom line is you cannot just rely on youtube to help you push your channel as it is very crowded. You will have to do that through other social media platforms like facebook, twitter, instagram. Also joining forums like these and touching based with other animators is also a good way of promoting. For myself i am into lego and I am very active in lego based groups on other platforms. This helped a lot in promoting my channel during the initial stages. Also you can consider maybe tutorial topics, those are good gateway material to channels. It is hard but if you want to see the views you have to put in the work

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
It would help to make your channel look more alive to work on your banner, thumbnail of your video, and maybe the title as well. At the moment your channel looks a little messy. The title of your video is too long and doesn’t make me want to click it. After polishing your channel up (maybe put the span of time it takes to make a video in the banner like “new videos every month or sooner” or something to let people know you are still around and maybe write something in your about section too) I think that should help at least a little.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Tobi and welcome to Yttalk:) I have an animation channel too (not the same kind like yours but animation anyways)
I have the exact same problem like you..It´s takes a h... of a lot of time to make these videos but if you hang in there you will grow for sure (your video is pretty cool):thumbsup2: I staeted my channel over a year ago and I´m getting close to 3000 subscribers with only about 20 videos or so.
start out with sharing your videos with friends and family (sure you already did this:)) but then try to work with you keywords/SEO is is free and only takes time.. Next step IMO is to contact other channels in the same niche for collabs and maybe get one of your videos featured on a bigger channel with a link and a shouout.. I have had some collabs that gained me about 150-200 subs over night so dont be affraied to reach out to others:) and then of course you can aleays pay to get your videos promoted if you have a budget..
Hope this was helpful and best of luck with your channel:)