Never sign the first contract someone sends you!

Its a very brilliant tutotrial

I should have come to this thread before i went for a contract with the REC Studios

now they were trapped my entire channel

i am very sorry to share my experience but i am losing a lot with this network

in a frustration i am sharing this experience to save others

thank you for reading

Its a very brilliant tutotrial

I should have come to this thread before i went for a contract with the REC Studios

now they were trapped my entire channel

i am very sorry to share my experience but i am losing a lot with this network

in a frustration i am sharing this experience to save others

thank you for reading

Out of curiousity, how long are you locked in for? How much time is left on your contract? Also, what is it about Rec Studios that has you on edge?

Ok there is nothing special to say but it was very worst experience in my life
I heard about this network thru my messages which i have received in my inbox
then i have contacted them thru skype which they had given in the message
then i contacted them on skype and their talkings is very nice and i believes them with an agreement of one month

after few days to be exact after 15 days i given request to unlink my channel

now the drama starts with them

they rejected my unlink request first time so i thought it was a mistake and again i requested to unlink my channel again they rejected after 7 days

i contacted them through tickets

they told me that i have signed a 1 year contract OMG

i asked them when did i agree for the contract

they told that you have joined our network that means you are in 1 year contract and even we can renew your contract without your permission

so that time i found that i would be in a trapped with this REC Studios (Grace Network)

that is my experience Boss hope you understand my english which was very very bad

thank you for reading

Ok there is nothing special to say but it was very worst experience in my life
I heard about this network thru my messages which i have received in my inbox
then i have contacted them thru skype which they had given in the message
then i contacted them on skype and their talkings is very nice and i believes them with an agreement of one month

after few days to be exact after 15 days i given request to unlink my channel

now the drama starts with them

they rejected my unlink request first time so i thought it was a mistake and again i requested to unlink my channel again they rejected after 7 days

i contacted them through tickets

they told me that i have signed a 1 year contract OMG

i asked them when did i agree for the contract

they told that you have joined our network that means you are in 1 year contract and even we can renew your contract without your permission

so that time i found that i would be in a trapped with this REC Studios (Grace Network)

that is my experience Boss hope you understand my english which was very very bad

thank you for reading
Did they send you a contract to actually sign or how did that process go for you?

that is a million dollar question you asked

I joined as monthly trial and they were saying that itself as a 1 year contract and and i am surprised to hear what they told me thru support

i dont know how to continue with those cheaters

that is a million dollar question you asked

I joined as monthly trial and they were saying that itself as a 1 year contract and and i am surprised to hear what they told me thru support

i dont know how to continue with those cheaters
The thing to keep in kind is that there is no default limit to term length on YouTube with MCNs. It is all 100% decided by the involved parties on a separate basis. If you didn't go through their website where they might have a term you have to agree to or they didn't send you a contract to sign and return then you are the one with the leverage here. Lawyer up or threaten them that you will.

However if you did sign an agreement, then read it through very carefully. The terms you will want to be very attentive of will involve term length and also content ownership/exclusivity clauses. Most MCNs won't steal your intellectual property, but they will often disallow you from working with any companies outside them for sponsors etc. At 20k subscribers you aren't gonna see huge opportunities there, but if you hit a growth spurt that could affect you greatly.[DOUBLEPOST=1427167992,1427167712][/DOUBLEPOST]Keep in mind that they will often require 60 days prior noticr before leaving a contract as well. MCNs are notorious for keeping that info on the down low though.

Well very thanx for your info
i am little confused

can you please elaborate the information by taking an example

its a request to go carefully in future
1. How would i know that i am in a contact or something (I have not received any mail in this regards from the REC Studios)
2. if they want to renew further are they do automatically or by contacting me and with a prior permission from me
3. if i want to leave the MCN after contract what is that i have to do
4. to go to take legal action against them how would i consult a lawer or somthing else
5. is there any web site which i can log a complaint against them

Well very thanx for your info
i am little confused

can you please elaborate the information by taking an example

its a request to go carefully in future
1. How would i know that i am in a contact or something (I have not received any mail in this regards from the REC Studios)
2. if they want to renew further are they do automatically or by contacting me and with a prior permission from me
3. if i want to leave the MCN after contract what is that i have to do
4. to go to take legal action against them how would i consult a lawer or somthing else
5. is there any web site which i can log a complaint against them

1. Either A you sign an agreement sent to you by the MCN or B you hit the "agree" (or similar) button on their website which basically means that you have read and understood their terms of service.

2. Yes they can if you agree to their contract, but not if you inform them before the proper time frame ammounting to a renewal. Generally this means 60 days before. So put in your notice of leaving now not later so that they have no leg to stand on legally later. Maker sure this is in email form and NOT over the phone. You need a record of the conversation occuring.

3. They should automatically release your channel at the given time. If they don't or refuse to, then lawyer up because that is illegal depending on your contract. (Thus the lawyer being useful)

4. Google search for "entertainment lawyer" and you will find some good results. A good lawyer may cost $200 an hour, but is fast, efficient, and knows the angle needed to pursue things appropriately. I had to do this on a recent brand deal and I am glad that I did. Helped a ton and gave me a solis leg to stand on in the negotiations.

5. Kind of. YouTube itself has an opt out option that requires you and the faulted MCN to agree to separate. If they are in any way going against YouTube terms of service then it won't matter if they try to disagree or not. I have not personally used that option because I generally deal directly with management and am good at holding my ground when and where I need to, but the option has been there since late 2013. It was specifically designed to help people like yourself if am MCN was strong arming you for one reason or another. Just google "disputing YouTube MCN" or really anything similar and you should find instructions quickly.

Hope that helps man. Good luck!

. . . Oh and this should go without saying, but my word here should not be taken as exact legal advice. I am not a lawyer, just an experienced YouTuber. I have been here since 2006 and make a pretty reasonable living off of the platform. So I have a lot of backend experience in the field.

That example text sounded like every single vendor in Egypt when I was there... and I do think I got ripped-off 90 % of the stuff I bought.

However, I'm still waiting to reach that lovely 300 sub goal and then I will probably decide to join a network, I have currently got 4-5 offers but they all seem to be the same, and I don't trust any of them. So I have not said yes to the first offer, neither the second or third. Still waiting for better days.

Back