Networks like Machinima a good idea or bad?

ViciousXUSMC

Master Viking
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So I have been approached by two different smaller networks similar to Machinima and have not taken any real action on the offer.

I know I have heard "bad" things about being part of these but never really the specifics.

Is there a reason to stay away from a network like this or can only good come of it?

Also Machima didn't accept me when I did apply a long time ago, they just sort of didn't respond to me and that felt strange as the quality of some of the content I see from them is total rubbish and we had much higher quality (video & audio) and really great 4 player commentary that was very entertaining to watch from the series I was applying with at the time.

ViciousXUSMC

Master Viking
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
That video was awesome :D

I still want to have a detailed discussion about the good/bad things to look out for.

This way we can know if its good for us or bad, or what kind of fine print to look for from a similar network that maybe is not "evil" like Machinima.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I dont think any of these networks have a good rep lol. I know machinima is known for taking advantage of its "lackeys" (yes sorry that is the opinion I have over the way they deal with things and what happens to those things. It pretty much becomes theirs so your just a director/producer and they shove it on their channels and take credit for it and you get paid lol). I feel if you are okay with giving up exlcusive rights to your stuff and dont mind that then go for it. You will earn money its true and you can still produce content on the side of your own. However there is a lot of garbage on these network channels they really are not about making good anything at this points its just numbers for money. They also dont actually recognize most machinima (their machinima end) unless its video game machinima lol which makes no sense so they only allow machinima movies created with certain engines because they can make money off that. I know your not really doing machinima in some cases and its just game reviews and games but your definately a cog in a wheel and not an independant person. If your okay with that and letting them use your stuff and them giving you money then its fine lol.

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Machinima is the largest network. But they are, you know, money-huggers. They cut your payments. Well, all networks do that. If you're gamer, there's no way you can get partnered directly. I'm a TGN partner. They'll give me my first income on June. They have a good community too.:)