Needs some honest opinion on my channel

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, everyone! I'm looking for some feedback on my channel. I recently did a "revamping" on my banner and avatar and started using end cards and also got a new mic. If you guys can give me some constructive feedback on my channel so I can better it, that would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, everyone! I'm looking for some feedback on my channel. I recently did a "revamping" on my banner and avatar and started using end cards and also got a new mic. If you guys can give me some constructive feedback on my channel so I can better it, that would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!
Well first things first, i like your thumbnail / display picture though i didnt like the banner as much, have you tried linking your instagram, twitter and such to the actual banner so people can just click the little icon on the bottom corner? it just looks a little cleaner. though if youre insistent on having the socialmedia names on your banner perhaps change the colour a little because the black doesn't stand out as much. your channel trailer is quite epic and i did like your new mic very much as it was quite clear but in saying that due to the fact that i have never watched arrow couldnt connect to anything there D:< soooo im a bit useless at this point but i did appreciate the insertion of images of the characters that you were talking about because it gave me a tiny bit of context XD

Anyway :3 i hope something in here helps you out a little ^^ and im very pleased to meet you

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well first things first, i like your thumbnail / display picture though i didnt like the banner as much, have you tried linking your instagram, twitter and such to the actual banner so people can just click the little icon on the bottom corner? it just looks a little cleaner. though if youre insistent on having the socialmedia names on your banner perhaps change the colour a little because the black doesn't stand out as much. your channel trailer is quite epic and i did like your new mic very much as it was quite clear but in saying that due to the fact that i have never watched arrow couldnt connect to anything there D:< soooo im a bit useless at this point but i did appreciate the insertion of images of the characters that you were talking about because it gave me a tiny bit of context XD

Anyway :3 i hope something in here helps you out a little ^^ and im very pleased to meet you
Thank you for the feedback! I didn't realize that I could link my social media stuff to the banner. I did try it after I read you post and it's currently there, the only issue is the background color for my banner, I'm gonna have to change it cause the links blend in with the background and it's hard to see unless I do something to call it out.

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the feedback! I didn't realize that I could link my social media stuff to the banner. I did try it after I read you post and it's currently there, the only issue is the background color for my banner, I'm gonna have to change it cause the links blend in with the background and it's hard to see unless I do something to call it out.
Try inserting a little block of lighter blue or even a glaze of white in that area, itll help it out a lot xD i just checked and youre right. get the measurements and start highlighting the back! :D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Hey there dude!, So personally I liked you channel, the banner looks nice and combined with the icon it looks really smart. Personally I would improve 2 main things,

Firstly this might just be me but I find it a little distracting whilst you are talking about a certain genre of media to be playing a completely different genre of media as footage, for instance you are playing Overwatch in a number of videos whilst talking about arrow. To me it would make more sense to try and pair the type of game you are playing to the genre of content you are talking about, if it is a must that you have to use game footage whilst talking. I personally would immediately click off of a video if I were to come across this, however if you are doing something DC related whilst talking about DC then I would be a lot more engaged.

Secondly Your video icons, I can definitely see what you tried to do with them and they are a darn sight better than Icons I have seen, but they are a little messy, you have got some really great icons, for instance "Matt Reeves Directing Batman & Nightwing Movie Announced", but your man of steel video, 1 day ago, makes it incredibly difficult to read the font on the icon. It is the same with your arrow season 5 episode 14 and 16 Videos. It is important that if you are going to have words in your icon they need to be legible. Finally with the icons it is important that on a series you try and keep the icons pretty consistent, how is anyone going to distinguish your episode 15 from somebody else’s episode 15 if it doesn’t look like your other videos?

Other than that i really enjoy your content, your mic is pretty good quality and you have interesting things to say!

Hope this helps!

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there dude!, So personally I liked you channel, the banner looks nice and combined with the icon it looks really smart. Personally I would improve 2 main things,

Firstly this might just be me but I find it a little distracting whilst you are talking about a certain genre of media to be playing a completely different genre of media as footage, for instance you are playing Overwatch in a number of videos whilst talking about arrow. To me it would make more sense to try and pair the type of game you are playing to the genre of content you are talking about, if it is a must that you have to use game footage whilst talking. I personally would immediately click off of a video if I were to come across this, however if you are doing something DC related whilst talking about DC then I would be a lot more engaged.

Secondly Your video icons, I can definitely see what you tried to do with them and they are a darn sight better than Icons I have seen, but they are a little messy, you have got some really great icons, for instance "Matt Reeves Directing Batman & Nightwing Movie Announced", but your man of steel video, 1 day ago, makes it incredibly difficult to read the font on the icon. It is the same with your arrow season 5 episode 14 and 16 Videos. It is important that if you are going to have words in your icon they need to be legible. Finally with the icons it is important that on a series you try and keep the icons pretty consistent, how is anyone going to distinguish your episode 15 from somebody else’s episode 15 if it doesn’t look like your other videos?

Other than that I really enjoy your content, your mic is pretty good quality and you have interesting things to say!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the Feedback! Its funny cause before I read your post I had a friend call me to tell me the same thing about the video game being distracting so it's not just you lol. The reason I chose overwatch is because awhile ago I had sent a letter to WB Entertainment requesting permission to use game footage in the background while I was doing commentary so I can monetize the video. When I didn't hear back I stop using DC game footage. Overwatch or blizzard I should say allows you to monetize their video games. I heard monetizing your videos helps increase views and brings traffic to my videos and channel. At least that's what I've been told, I don't know if that's true or not. don't know if you have any insight on this?

Yea I definitely can see what you're talking about in regards to the thumbnail. When you mean consistent do you mean like having one set icon that I would use for the entire series?

Thank you and CountingStars for your feedback! it's greatly appreciated. Usually, when I ask my friends to give me feedback just they say they like the videos and they can't think of anything that i can improve on haha (with the exception of my one friend who agrees with you on the video game thing)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the Feedback! Its funny cause before I read your post I had a friend call me to tell me the same thing about the video game being distracting so it's not just you lol. The reason I chose overwatch is because awhile ago I had sent a letter to WB Entertainment requesting permission to use game footage in the background while I was doing commentary so I can monetize the video. When I didn't hear back I stop using DC game footage. Overwatch or blizzard I should say allows you to monetize their video games. I heard monetizing your videos helps increase views and brings traffic to my videos and channel. At least that's what I've been told, I don't know if that's true or not. don't know if you have any insight on this?

Yea I definitely can see what you're talking about in regards to the thumbnail. When you mean consistent do you mean like having one set icon that I would use for the entire series?

Thank you and CountingStars for your feedback! it's greatly appreciated. Usually, when I ask my friends to give me feedback just they say they like the videos and they can't think of anything that i can improve on haha (with the exception of my one friend who agrees with you on the video game thing)

What I mean with the consistent Icons is not have the Exact same icon for each video but design them so that each one follows on to the next one. The best way I can describe this is with my Lets Play series, I will have a main part of the Icon, meaning the text and the episode number for instance the same. Then I will change half of the Icon or less to show what’s happening In the current video, So for instance you could have "Arrow s1e15" in one font that stays the same for all videos, then you could have big letters with "REVIEW" or something, then images of the main characters or something that happened in that episode, An example channel to take inspiration from would be Emergency Awesome, Then everyone knows from the font and style that it is your video, but they can also gain a little bit of an idea for what’s happening in that episode by just looking at the icon. The rest of the information can be in the video title.