Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Farcical Tales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm not good at all coming up with names. Genre will be comedy short videos/sketches.
I've made a poll with some suggestions and I'd really like to know your opinions.
Other suggestions are more than welcome too.

Thank you for your time and help!

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could you give a little more detail? Will it be stand up comedy or funny scenes? How will it be presented? What topics/areas of interest?

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello,

Sure. Not stand up, just funny short narratives or scenes with crazy things and crazy ideas lol. I dont have interest in any area in particular, I just write any crazy idea that I think it could be fun to develop and show to the people.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've moved this to the branding forum. :)

Here's some good advice about choosing a name for an online brand. - Imagine your channel does well and you get invited on to a radio or TV show to talk about your story. At the end of the show, the interviewer asks for your channel name. Imagine if you had chosen number 1 or 2 on your list ! It would be a disaster. How would you say "X Raydiculous" ? You'd have to spell it out to make yourself understood and you think people are going to note it down?! Or even remember it? Same for "X Raidiculous" You want names that are simple to remember and are easy to spell after hearing them once and that also reflect the content you make.

Out of your list, "The Farce Show" or "Farce Show" are the best choices IMHO. If I meet you and you tell me either of those names, I'm going to remember them very easily. :)

The same above advice goes for domain names too. :)

hth

Reactions: Phiul

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response :)
You're right those 2 dont make much sense and I also have to think about a name that it's easy to spell and remember. I completely forgot about that, I shouldn't.

I also dont dislike The Farce Show or Farce Show, but I've just realized now that The Farce Show already exists :(

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the detailed response :)
You're right those 2 dont make much sense and I also have to think about a name that it's easy to spell and remember. I completely forgot about that, I shouldn't.

I also dont dislike The Farce Show or Farce Show, but I've just realized now that The Farce Show already exists :(
What if you just call it ridiculous or the ridiculous show!

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately those are already taken too. What irritates me is that those channels only have maximum of 5 subs and 1 video posted lol.

What do you guys think of "House of Farce"?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks. Unfortunately those are already taken too. What irritates me is that those channels only have maximum of 5 subs and 1 video posted lol.

What do you guys think of "House of Farce"?
That sounds good!

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thank you.

One thing: I've registered some of those channel names but they don't show up, and they're available for youtube when I search for them through the namechk. Is this normal?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Copy paste from (my beloved) WIkipedia:

In theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.[1] Farce is also characterized by physical humor, the use of deliberate absurdity or nonsense, and broadly stylized performances. It is also often set in one particular location, where all events occur. Farces have been written for the stage and film.

I think there are some words in the text that might suit combined for a unique name for your channel.

source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farce