Need your help quickly guys

StormeyCat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So yeah I think I have a little problem here
I'm new on youtube and I make games evolution videos. so I take clips from other videos and channels and put them in one clip and put some information like the date and things + put the source of course and upload it on youtube
I want to make those videos to get views and subs and money of course which can help to buy a good computer and things because my computer is bad

I saw in an article that this kind of videos can't be monetized in the future like when I will reach my 1000 subs and apply for the monetization they will refuse
Is it true ? should I change my content?
I made this kind of content because I saw channels do it too so please give and right response because I don't want to work hard to get 1000 subs then not be able to get monetization

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is called duplication and yes, they will probably reject monetization. YouTube wants ORIGINAL content. Keep in mind that you need 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the past 12 months, not just 1000 subscribers.

Reactions: Crown

StormeyCat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is called duplication and yes, they will probably reject monetization. YouTube wants ORIGINAL content. Keep in mind that you need 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the past 12 months, not just 1000 subscribers.
so I should delete my videos and start new content ? or leave it and start new content ?
+ if I deleted the videos the time watch will be gone or no?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
If you delete the current videos yes; you will also delete the watch time.

However, since that watch time will not help you get monetized at the end of the run due to your monetization application likely being rejected, deleting all of your duplicated content videos and starting from scratch is your best option.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
so I should delete my videos and start new content ? or leave it and start new content ?
+ if I deleted the videos the time watch will be gone or no?
Yes, if you delete the videos, any watch time associated with them will also be deleted.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I take clips from other videos and channels and put them in one clip and put some information like the date and things + put the source of course and upload it on youtube
It sounds like you're putting the source but not asking anyone for permission. Erm, never mind monetization that's copyright infringement. Stop taking other people's content without express permission.

Also read: http://yttalk.com/threads/duplicated-content-channel-reviews-and-takedowns-official-youtube-statement.285467/

please give and right response because I don't want to work hard to get 1000 subs then not be able to get monetization

lol wow. The entitlement is off the charts.

1)What you're doing is not "working hard" - You're sitting in a nice warm room in front of a PC, taking other people's videos and then putting them together and reuploading them.

2) Even if it were "hard work", you are in no position to complain since you're uploading other people's work without their consent anyway.