Need to get Traction. Ideas?

shandaman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have been at the YouTube game for a few years.

I have two channels. One is on photoshop and web design which is almost at 10,000 subs. Very successful to me.

The second channel I started about 2 months ago uploading Call Of Duty commentaries. Its now at 250+ subs.

On both channels I get likes, views and comments on every video. But honestly not a whole lot.

I am not out to make money (I love my full time job) I do this as my way to relax from work. Its the most fun part of my day and I have made TONS of amazing friends from it.

My question is how can I get people more involved. I want to have Tons of comments. (IDC about subs in the slightest) those come naturally. But getting people to talk and post seems more difficult.

What are the best tips you have for me. And GO>

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
1. Regular content, good quality (it's subjective so nobody can tell you what that means unfortunately)
2. Reply to your commenters, especially at this stage in your YouTube life
3. Promote but do not spam

That's all I got! There's no secret to it, just make good vids and the views/comments will come!

shandaman

Reaction score
Well I have invested in a GOOD quality mic and have been using that. I have only HD videos 720p. And I put up 1 video a day. I have started multiple series which are all in playlists organized on my channel page. And I reply to every comment I can which at this point is ALL of them on my COD channel. But still not a whole lot happening.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well I have invested in a GOOD quality mic and have been using that. I have only HD videos 720p. And I put up 1 video a day. I have started multiple series which are all in playlists organized on my channel page. And I reply to every comment I can which at this point is ALL of them on my COD channel. But still not a whole lot happening.
Ok fair point. You've gained 52 subs in the last couple weeks (approx). How do you gain your subs? Do you trade subs? Ask for them? Empty subs are the quickest way to have a dead channel. I personally never ask for subs. Anyone who has subscribed has done so of their own volition, and my channel has plenty of views, subs, likes and even favourites.

I'm not sure if that helps any :/ sorry, but as I say there is no magical formula. Make sure you speak clearly, make it FUNNY (this is quite important with YT I have found, people want to escape from their normal lives when they watch a video, being funny is the quickest way to get views and subs). I haven't watched any of your vids yet but this is just a tip.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well, I see you`re with Acifin... may I ask why? And can you link your bigger channel?

shandaman

Reaction score
Ok fair point. You've gained 52 subs in the last couple weeks (approx). How do you gain your subs? Do you trade subs? Ask for them? Empty subs are the quickest way to have a dead channel. I personally never ask for subs. Anyone who has subscribed has done so of their own volition, and my channel has plenty of views, subs, likes and even favourites.

I'm not sure if that helps any :/ sorry, but as I say there is no magical formula. Make sure you speak clearly, make it FUNNY (this is quite important with YT I have found, people want to escape from their normal lives when they watch a video, being funny is the quickest way to get views and subs). I haven't watched any of your vids yet but this is just a tip.
No i never sub for sub or use any of those sites that basically exchange subs. What a waste of time. I just make Good videos. They are somewhat funny but more helpful then anything.

What has helped the most is I have go connected with other youtubers who have featured me on their channels and such.

But its tough to get on the BIG guys channels cuz they get so many messages.

shandaman

Reaction score
Well, I see you`re with Acifin... may I ask why?
Yeah. I partned with them because the GAMING networks all require 1,000+ subs and with Acifin I can get out at any time I want with no obligation so I can then go with like Yeousch or Machinima at anytime when I meet the requirements.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
No i never sub for sub or use any of those sites that basically exchange subs. What a waste of time. I just make Good videos. They are somewhat funny but more helpful then anything.

What has helped the most is I have go connected with other youtubers who have featured me on their channels and such.

But its tough to get on the BIG guys channels cuz they get so many messages.
Keep doing it then. Swap sub-boxes with people, collab, swap shout-outs etc. That seems to be a good way, many people do that and for some it works well :D

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
T
Yeah. I partned with them because the GAMING networks all require 1,000+ subs and with Acifin I can get out at any time I want with no obligation so I can then go with like Yeousch or Machinima at anytime when I meet the requirements.
They give 5 year contracts?....
Machinima only requires 100 views daily.... N4Gtv is 300 views daily... Vultra ;) is 500 views daily... TGN are about 750....

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I am Partnered with RPM and I have less than 300 subs. All you need is about 85+ views a day.