Need some urgent advice on how much to charge for sponsorship

QQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

So an app company has made an offer for me to do a 2 minute promo for them in one of my videos. The app fits very well with my audience and the promo would likely be in my vlog. The are asking that the promo be in the beginning of the video and want 2 call to actions to download and to have my fans message me with a hashtag showing what they're doing with the app.

There are a bunch of other stipulations but for simplicity's sake, I'll leave them out. Since this is my first sponsorship, it will likely get quite a bit of attention. My audience is very engaged and the video will likely do at least 200K views over the 6 months they want the video to be up.

Any expert advice on how much I should charge?

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Are you allowed to say it's sponsored or not in the video? As a viewer and creator this would be a big deal to me.

QQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have to disclose all FCC sponsorship language in writing in the description and verbally.

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have to disclose all FCC sponsorship language in writing in the description and verbally.
Well, I don't know you, the sponsorship, or your channel.. But I can say if they asked me to NOT disclose the sponsorship, I would ask for significantly more. Have they made an offer or just left it open? If they left it open they might be hoping you'll throw out something way below their budget. In that case, give some crazy number they'll reject, then you force them I to giving a number which you can maybe work up a bit. But... It's all up to you in the end. If it's your first sponsorship maybe consider taking their first offer if you're happy with it.

QQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone have any CPM range they can suggest? I've read $30-50 is a good ballpark but would like to hear from someone with experience with YT sponsorships

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the partnership discussion forum. =)

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well, I don't know you, the sponsorship, or your channel.. But I can say if they asked me to NOT disclose the sponsorship, I would ask for significantly more. Have they made an offer or just left it open? If they left it open they might be hoping you'll throw out something way below their budget. In that case, give some crazy number they'll reject, then you force them I to giving a number which you can maybe work up a bit. But... It's all up to you in the end. If it's your first sponsorship maybe consider taking their first offer if you're happy with it.
By law you have to disclose if it's sponsored or not, so if they ask you not to tell anyone, tell em to stuff it :p[DOUBLEPOST=1513340076,1513340049][/DOUBLEPOST]This is a one off and not an ongoing sponsorship right?

Reactions: SidTV

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Congratulations. That's great news.

There is a website called social bluebook that gives parameters of what you should expect in consideration of the size of your channel. Check it out.

If I can give you some further advice...don't be too greedy with your first sponsorship deal. Accept what they offer and then prove you were worthwhile by delivering results in terms of views and engagement. If you can regularly promote businesses and products then you will find that more sponsors come to you over time and you can start to increase your fees.

Paying digital influencers is still a very new business strategy and sponsors are as much in the dark as you are regarding how much they should pay. If you prove to be an honest and hard working influencer who always delivers what he promised on time you could be on the cusp of making a very profitable business for yourself.