Need some licensing help

Junr55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, what's up? So I found a song recently that I want to use in my future videos. It's Terravita - We are alive (instrumental version.) However, I need someones help in either getting a license for the song or written (or typed) permission from the company to use in my videos that will be monetized.

I have tried contacting the artists themselves, and even the label who has signed them, but I have received a response from neither. That's why I am hoping to get help from someone who may be more important than myself.

I feel I can use the song perfectly in my videos, I just don't want to get copyright strikes and if I do, I want to be able to fight them properly. If nobody can help me get the permission I need, is there at least anything else I can try? A website, perhaps? I appreciate any and all responses!

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you monetizing the video? If not, I wouldnt worry about it. I have a couple vids that are not monetized that have copywritten songs.

Junr55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you monetizing the video? If not, I wouldnt worry about it. I have a couple vids that are not monetized that have copywritten songs.
I did want to monetize the videos, that's why it was crucial for me to get a license or permission of some type haha. If I can't, I guess I can just search around until I find something I could use.

nb001

Reaction score
Here's where you could start....
Basically what you are in search of is a "Synchronization License" which would allow you to use the song in your video. These licenses require permission from the artist, publisher, and label. Sometimes you will need to contact each of them for permission separately, while other times visual media rights are handled with one agency. You could start by contacting their management (the email is at firepowerrecords.com/artists/terravita/) and request the contact of who handles "Terravita's Sync Licensing." You may have better luck receiving some sort of response.

Also keep your options open and consider a music library for theme music.....

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score

That is terrible and incorrect advice. It would be preferable if you would not provide such bad advice in the copyright forum. "I got away with it" is not the same thing as "it's ok to do". It simply means that the piece you happened to choose wasn't registered with ContentID and you're nowhere near big enough for the record label to have any idea you exist. Monetization is completely irrelevant.

To the OP, have you contacted the emails listed on the Terravita Firepower site? http://www.firepowerrecords.com/artists/terravita/

Junr55

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is terrible and incorrect advice. It would be preferable if you would not provide such bad advice in the copyright forum. "I got away with it" is not the same thing as "it's ok to do". It simply means that the piece you happened to choose wasn't registered with ContentID and you're nowhere near big enough for the record label to have any idea you exist. Monetization is completely irrelevant.

To the OP, have you contacted the emails listed on the Terravita Firepower site?
I have, i've contacted all the emails provided on their website, tried messaging both the label and the artists on Twitter and Facebook. I have yet to receive a response from anyone though.

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

To the OP, have you contacted the emails listed on the Terravita Firepower site?
I never said I got away with it. I have several videos that have copy written songs. All I did was Acknowledge third party content. They in turn put a link to buy the song. I have zero copyright strikes.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
I never said I got away with it. I have several videos that have copy written songs. All I did was Acknowledge third party content. They in turn put a link to buy the song. I have zero copyright strikes.
And your point is? You got lucky by having picked songs that the content owners weren't submitting takedown notices for, yet. Doesn't make your advice anywhere near the realm of good.