Beauty/Makeup Need some info on Collabs

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can someone explain how a collab works? I have had a couple of pm saying hey, do you wan to collab...but no other info. If this post isn't allowed, please delete. I'm new to yttalk and learning as I go.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, so if you don't meet the person in person, which I recommend not meeting them in person, You would basically do something like two looks with the same concept and talk about the other persons video a bit. At leaste that is how I have seen it done on YouTube. I am a gamer so Beauty is not my forte.

Reactions: Sydney Lee

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I heard you can share subscribers. What does that mean? Sorry I feel like I'm asking 20 questions. It just sounds interesting but I like to have details :) Have you done one with gaming? Just curious

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I heard you can share subscribers. What does that mean? Sorry I feel like I'm asking 20 questions. It just sounds interesting but I like to have details :) Have you done one with gaming? Just curious
Sharing subs is sending your subs over to another channel, and they send theirs to yours. just by saying "hey go check them out"And no I havent. I have tried but i keep getting stood up. I have found the wrong people so far.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you! That is helpful. I might have to try it but I will have to be picky, don't want to lose subs if it goes bad. Hopefully someone that has done it before will join the conversation. Good luck

Reactions: Lizzeelive

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you! That is helpful. I might have to try it but I will have to be picky, don't want to lose subs if it goes bad. Hopefully someone that has done it before will join the conversation. Good luck
You are not likely to lose! But try to find someone you get along with and that you actually like their content.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O Okay I see what your saying now. I'm going to start looking for collab videos to get some ideas now...Thank you so much. Im still pretty new to youtube but this seems like a good idea :D

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O Okay I see what your saying now. I'm going to start looking for collab videos to get some ideas now...Thank you so much. Im still pretty new to youtube but this seems like a good idea :D
Good luck!

braixen1264

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not in the beauty community, but I make stuff about music and often collaborate with people on song covers, on my channel or theirs.

Really, I think making collaboration videos has less to do with growing subscriber numbers and more to do with developing friendships. All of my collaborations have been with people with less subscribers than me (720, 521, 254). Sure, they benefited more from the collaboration than I did, but I'm just glad to help them out. We did shout each other out (that "sharing subs" thing you were talking about). You won't lose subs by doing this, but it goes back to my main point. All it is is friends helping each other out. People won't mind that you're introducing them to a new channel that you think is cool, they may even appreciate it!

Don't put too much stock on collaborations for channel growth though, you still have to get the video viral to see much visible benefit to either of your channels. Also make sure not to collaborate too often on your own channel. Fans want to see original content with only you--collaborations shouldn't be your main type of video.

If you're looking to start collaborating, I'd advise you to look around other channels with similar content and style. Watch through some of their videos and make sure you honestly like them. If you don't enjoy their content, move on. Once you find somebody cool, send them a message asking if they'd be interested in collaborating, explaining a general idea for how it could look. Linking a couple of your videos that you want them to see would be nice too(not through the YouTube messaging system, use email or social media). If they like your content too, grab their Skype/Discord contact and boom, you've got a new friend! Through text messaging you can figure out exactly you want to do for the collaboration (which channel it will go on, topic, video format, editing, etc.).

Don't worry too much about sub count, the worst people can say is no! I'm currently working on a project with a YouTuber I've looked up to with almost 80k subscribers, when I only have 5k.

I'm no professional by any means, but if anyone has any questions for me regarding collabs, feel free to ask me either on here or on Discord (Briana#4244). If there's any bigger channels that reply, I'd listen to them.