Need Some Advice

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
I created a channel not realizing I am in over my head, as I cannot find any info on what I am looking for.

My channel is a kids channel were I color varies types of things (Ex: Velvet Paw Patrol Poster with Ink Pens, Coloring books, with crayons}. I use non copyrighted nursery rhymes for background music.
Someone advice that no matter what I couldn't get it monetized even if I met requirements, I never heard of that, especially if I use the After Effect plugin to generate the drawing, which I don't and again never heard of that.
i really like doing my channel, I do it mostly for my kids, but a problem I see is I am not getting any views. I do not know how to promote my channel tbh. I don't see the point in using FB, tweeter, and reddit when kids really don't use social media that much. If anyone could please give me any advice I would be very grateful thanks.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I created a channel not realizing I am in over my head, as I cannot find any info on what I am looking for.

My channel is a kids channel were I color varies types of things (Ex: Velvet Paw Patrol Poster with Ink Pens, Coloring books, with crayons}. I use non copyrighted nursery rhymes for background music.
Someone advice that no matter what I couldn't get it monetized even if I met requirements, I never heard of that, especially if I use the After Effect plugin to generate the drawing, which I don't and again never heard of that.
i really like doing my channel, I do it mostly for my kids, but a problem I see is I am not getting any views. I do not know how to promote my channel tbh. I don't see the point in using FB, tweeter, and reddit when kids really don't use social media that much. If anyone could please give me any advice I would be very grateful thanks.

not sure why you heard you can not monetize your channel you sure can. i believe using non copyrighted songs is fine. as far promoting your channel, I never really do, maybe some forums but dont any more. people eventually will find your channel just have to be consistent and patient. tags and titles are your best friends. Dont make your videos too long. eventually a few videos will be come "small" hits and those will drive subs. and over time the more of these "small hits" you get, the more subs you get. I believe that is how I am getting subs is because a few of my videos are starting to get popularity with over 800 - 1k views but these videos were dead for 2 months until recent. youtube is weird like that. so keep making videos....reviews seem to be the big ones people look for....you want to use reviews to drive people to your channel (kind of what I do plus I enjoy reviewing) also how to's and "why this is blah blah blah" type videos. those seems to be good hit videos for ANY genre hope that helps

example

Best dirtbikes in 2019
best horror games 2019
Best kids game for infants
what should I use for my 8 year old | best game ever?
best formula food for infants

etc

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to monetize this channel. As long as your music is entirely royalty free, there shouldn't be an issue - if gaming videos with a game that you personally don't own rights to can be monetized, this should be able to as well.

I agree that Reddit and social media aren't the best way to go about getting traffic to your channel, you should definitely be experimenting heavily with your tags and titles in order to draw more attention your way.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to monetize this channel. As long as your music is entirely royalty free, there shouldn't be an issue - if gaming videos with a game that you personally don't own rights to can be monetized, this should be able to as well.

I agree that Reddit and social media aren't the best way to go about getting traffic to your channel, you should definitely be experimenting heavily with your tags and titles in order to draw more attention your way.
yup totally agree!! I dont post in social media at all (special occasions I do) but all my views and subs have been straight from YT search itself and almost everyday ive been getting 1 sub

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are channels who do things similar to yours who are monetized, but honestly it feels like a grey area to me.

What I've heard in the past about kids channels it sounded like the strategy was to try and focus on trending topics and products and try to get suggested on a larger channel's videos. I've heard people say in the past that kids don't use the search bar, but you would think parents must use it? Try to see where the traffic you have gotten is coming from and double down on reaching via that.

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
There are channels who do things similar to yours who are monetized, but honestly it feels like a grey area to me.

What I've heard in the past about kids channels it sounded like the strategy was to try and focus on trending topics and products and try to get suggested on a larger channel's videos. I've heard people say in the past that kids don't use the search bar, but you would think parents must use it? Try to see where the traffic you have gotten is coming from and double down on reaching via that.
Smart idea I didn't think of that.

Sirtokoo

Reaction score
not sure why you heard you can not monetize your channel you sure can. i believe using non copyrighted songs is fine. as far promoting your channel, I never really do, maybe some forums but dont any more. people eventually will find your channel just have to be consistent and patient. tags and titles are your best friends. Don't make your videos too long. eventually a few videos will be come "small" hits and those will drive subs. and over time the more of these "small hits" you get, the more subs you get. I believe that is how I am getting subs is because a few of my videos are starting to get popularity with over 800 - 1k views but these videos were dead for 2 months until recent. YouTube is weird like that. so keep making videos....reviews seem to be the big ones people look for....you want to use reviews to drive people to your channel (kind of what I do plus I enjoy reviewing) also how to's and "why this is blah blah blah" type videos. those seems to be good hit videos for ANY genre hope that helps
On my gaming channel one of my vids set for like 6 months at 100 views, back in February out of the blue it shot to like 20k views in 2 months.

My videos are a tad long, I mean its over an hour worth of coloring that I shrink to 15-20mins. The songs are from YouTube Audio Library, I didn't see anything that would cause my channel not to get monetized.