Need some advice

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm currently editing a video on my experience in Paris (vlog) and its 10 minutes long but I like all the footage in it. I don't feel like its too much but I'm not sure if I'm biased because its my footage ya know? So I was wondering what other people thought. Do you guys think 10 minutes is a long time for a travel video?

I'm trying to upload it on Thursday or Friday night so yalls input is much appreciated :)

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think it's long, if it's good content 10 minutes is nothing extreme. Especially if it's a weekly vlog/multiple days of content. If it was 7 days crammed in 2-3 minutes it'd feel way too rushed if you ask me.

Reactions: itsaquagemini

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think it's long, if it's good content 10 minutes is nothing extreme. Especially if it's a weekly vlog/multiple days of content. If it was 7 days crammed in 2-3 minutes it'd feel way too rushed if you ask me.
That's kind of what I was thinking, and there was so much that I did and have to show! Even cramming it down to 10 minutes was hard haha

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's kind of what I was thinking, and there was so much that I did and have to show! Even cramming it down to 10 minutes was hard haha
Yea for sure. Even if you split it into 2 or 3 videos I don't think anyone would complain, when it comes down to it as long as a vlog is entertaining enough even one day can be one video, so a big trip you could easily stretch out into multiple entertaining videos (more videos, more audience potential). I'll give it a look later on whenever you upload it anyways.

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea for sure. Even if you split it into 2 or 3 videos I don't think anyone would complain, when it comes down to it as long as a vlog is entertaining enough even one day can be one video, so a big trip you could easily stretch out into multiple entertaining videos (more videos, more audience potential). I'll give it a look later on whenever you upload it anyways.
Ahh thank you for your advice!!! :D I was so worried because I'm still a new channel and I don't want people to get turned away by the amount of time of the video

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think that is too long. Vlogs are typically longer than other videos so I think people will just know and be fine with it. You want to give people the full experience so don't cut too much! :)

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think that is too long. Vlogs are typically longer than other videos so I think people will just know and be fine with it. You want to give people the full experience so don't cut too much! :)
Ah thank you!!! Yeah for sure I tried to put as much remarkable awesome but also personal and funny footage in :) without going overboard haha

Reactions: Blunt Brittany

Brentcurl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
10 minutes is kinda short for a vlog if you ask me, but if its interesting enough and all of the interesting parts of your trip are in it, then thats all that matters.

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
10 minutes is kinda short for a vlog if you ask me, but if its interesting enough and all of the interesting parts of your trip are in it, then thats all that matters.
Thanks for the advice :D

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a viewer, I say that's definitely not too long. I watch a lot of vloggers and their vlogs are almost always 15-25 minutes long.