Request Need intro will pay!

ExperimentalHDX

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator, Other
No problem, seems strange though, Would it work if you just made it a null and used the same rigid/soft body tag to collide with it?
Still nothing. I found that if I create a cube and added the same tag that's on the controller it works perfectly, as it should. But what I don't understand is why only individual parts of the controller work with the tag applied, but the controller as a whole doesn't... I mean, your previous advice helped half of the problem xD I'm going to see if I can find another free model that is all one thing this time.

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Still nothing. I found that if I create a cube and added the same tag that's on the controller it works perfectly, as it should. But what I don't understand is why only individual parts of the controller work with the tag applied, but the controller as a whole doesn't... I mean, your previous advice helped half of the problem xD I'm going to see if I can find another free model that is all one thing this time.
Yeah sounds good, Seems strange though.

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Perhaps you have told me to do something and what you said was correct, but I misunderstood it, would you like me to send you the project so you can inspect it first?
If only i had time haha, There isnt much more i can tell you, I would but im in the middle of making something pretty difficult.

ExperimentalHDX

Reaction score
Channel Type
If only i had time haha, There isnt much more i can tell you, I would but im in the middle of making something pretty difficult.
That's not a problem, I understand. After looking at your YouTube content your work is very advanced.

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
That's not a problem, I understand. After looking at your YouTube content your work is very advanced.
Thank you :) More advanced stuff to come, I'm learning all about the physical renderer atm, i havent really taken much notice of it before. But i cant wait for R15 when the Team Render feature comes around :D

ExperimentalHDX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thank you :) More advanced stuff to come, I'm learning all about the physical renderer atm, i havent really taken much notice of it before. But i cant wait for R15 when the Team Render feature comes around :D
Yeah, I haven't touched it either, I did try Vray, but my impatience won so I didn't stick with it. What are the advantages of using the physical renderer?

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yeah, I haven't touched it either, I did try Vray, but my impatience won so I didn't stick with it. What are the advantages of using the physical renderer?
I dont want Jos's notifications blowing up, you got skype?

Edward Andrew

3D Animator and Special Video Effects
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Doesn't this just sound like a problem to the generated convex collision hull to you? With it being a few different objects with one hull generated. Or perhaps the collision tolerance is rather low and needs to be slightly higher for the Physics engine to pickup on the collision.[DOUBLEPOST=1377907533,1377907435][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can simulate more realistic lighting, physically based renderers are generally used for photorealistic scenes, however they are more complex and can take a lot more time to render.[DOUBLEPOST=1377907669][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont want Jos's notifications blowing up, you got skype?
Doesn't this sound like a problem to the generated convex collision hull to you? Especially with him using a few different objects all under one hull. I would suggest cranking up the collision tolerance or creating a basic collision hull to be used for the simulation.