Need help...

Hi everyone,

I used to have a youtube channel and filmed my own videos. I deleted my videos and closed my account not long ago and upon doing a search of my old username, someone has made a channel - slightly changing the URL and username, but titling my old username, making people thinking I'm back again... they have used my photo as icon and have reuploaded a number of my deleted videos. They have alot of views and subscribers and it's only been live for a couple of weeks. This is scary...

I wrote to Youtube copyright email address but they just sent me a link to fill out a webform. However, the webform asks for MY videos' URL's aswell as the fake user's URL's as if my videos are still up and my channel is still alive... I can link THEIR url's but not mine anymore, as I say, I deleted them before I closed my channel :( So I can't enter the URL of all the videos? I have wrote another email with all info manually, but that was 3 days ago and have still not replied, and the videos / channel is still up.

I'm tired and upset... if I could have some help I would really appreciate your advice! Thank you.

Last edited:
No one here can do anything for you when it comes to that. If it really upsets you, you'll have to contact Google/YouTube and talk to someone (good luck with that). That's about ALL you can do, nothing else. Would you be able to link the channel? I'm curious how many views/subscribers is "a lot" :D

Back