Need help with text banners in Sony Vegas Pro 11!!!!!

TheSmokingAndroid

Always Android Always Useful
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Baahhhhhh, i've been driving myself absolutely crazy trying to figure this out!!!

I'm simply trying to figure out how to put in a text banner with a background on my video.
You know the type where in the beginning of a video, there will be a little banner with text on it, saying either what your looking at or the title of the video or something. I do a lot of mobile phone app reviews and i would like to have a little banner at the bottom of the video where i can type the name of the app i'm reviewing.

I can't figure out where to find the banner or even what it's called in sony vegas pro 11...i'm just calling it a banner because i have no clue what it's actually called....PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I SLIT MY WRISTS!!!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I do for making these is this, drag a solid onto a new video track, make it white or black or whatever suits the text going on top of it, click pan/crop and change its height to say 200px and make sure the width is the same width as the rest of the video, then I click Track motion for that track with the solid and move the bar around until its where I want it then adjust the opacity, the other option is to make bar in photoshop with a transparent background, save as PNG and then drag that in and add text over it and change it each time as needed. Hope that helps and I am getting the point of what you are after there :)

Reactions: TheSmokingAndroid

TheSmokingAndroid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What I do for making these is this, drag a solid onto a new video track, make it white or black or whatever suits the text going on top of it, click pan/crop and change its height to say 200px and make sure the width is the same width as the rest of the video, then I click Track motion for that track with the solid and move the bar around until its where I want it then adjust the opacity, the other option is to make bar in photoshop with a transparent background, save as PNG and then drag that in and add text over it and change it each time as needed. Hope that helps and I am getting the point of what you are after there :)
thank you very much! That totally explained everything and actually answered a couple questions for me. I had always assumed that there were premade "bars" that looked cool, like a nice metallic look or something like that, which we could just select and then put the text over top that.

Then i had read, or watched on youtube, someone talking about making them in photo shop and then just throwing text on that..which is what i think i might do...in fact, something tells me that if i search for say "video text banner background download" or something like that, i should be able to find pre made ones to download. That would make my life a HELL of a lot easier.

thanks again! i feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulder...was thinking i was going to have to take a sony vegas pro course in town or something...pheww =)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank you very much! That totally explained everything and actually answered a couple questions for me. I had always assumed that there were premade "bars" that looked cool, like a nice metallic look or something like that, which we could just select and then put the text over top that.

Then i had read, or watched on youtube, someone talking about making them in photo shop and then just throwing text on that..which is what i think i might do...in fact, something tells me that if i search for say "video text banner background download" or something like that, i should be able to find pre made ones to download. That would make my life a HELL of a lot easier.

thanks again! i feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulder...was thinking i was going to have to take a sony vegas pro course in town or something...pheww =)
What res do you render at? I could do you a few right now easily, any colour/style preference too? :) Oh and size preference?

TheSmokingAndroid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What res do you render at? I could do you a few right now easily, any colour/style preference too? :) Oh and size preference?
wow that would be fantastic! i render at full 1080p, i would love sort of a metallic look to it if that's even possible or easy for you to do. and it would be great to have it run almost all the way across the screen because sometimes the titles of the videos are long.

you really don't have to but if your bored, then i would never turn away an offer like that =)

cheers

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just made a couple there, I aint sure if these are fine for you or not :) All full HD too.

Attachments