Need Help with Monetizing

Reaction score
I was wondering if should go with ad sense or a third party network. I did try going with freedom tv but I was not qualified. Apparently I had some issues. I was wondering if I went with ad sense would I qualify? My first video I ended up saying the f word. My 4th video it shows me using cocaine but Its just baby powder. I did read the ad sense guidelines but I still was not sure if I was qualified. Honestly I am kind of lost.

Reactions: PvtPsycho

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Are you pulling in enough views to be eligible for monetization?

You talk about not qualifying for one MCN but you don't go deeper into as to why you didn't qualify.

You also kind of explore is my content suitable for advertisers issue by mentioning some channel antics of a more mature nature. But based on the structure of your post, you didn't set up any connection between that and as to why you didn't qualify with the MCN.

So I got to say you left insufficient information for anyone to answer if you will pass monetization through ad sense.

--------------
To be able to monetize your videos you need 10,000 channel views. If you got more than that Youtube will approve you as a partner. That doesn't mean you can upload content of any nature and get ads. Videos will be judged as to if they're suitable for advertising on a case by case basis.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@satiricals At only 1,284 views, he is a long way from qualifying on view numbers. @Theawkwardbruhs On the two videos you mentioned: The one where you appear to be using an illegal drug would get your Adsense account shut down for policy violations, and the one with the "f" word would get labelled as "not suitable for most advertisers" if YT considered it monetizable at all.

Since you only have 6 videos total, a third of them wouldn't make you any money; plus an Adsense shut down or rejection would mean no monetization possibility at all, since the majority of networks require an applicant to be a direct YouTube partner before acceptance into an MCN. Your "non-qualification" was first due to lack of view numbers.

Since the rule change of last April, no network will accept a member-applicant whose lifetime view count is under 10,000. You cannot kick start monetization by joining a network any more. I suggest you make more engaging videos which don't violate policies and grow your channel to the required view count.

Take down the fake drug use video too: all it will do is get you in trouble with YouTube.

Reactions: Tobes

ericshift1

Reaction score
@satiricals At only 1,284 views, he is a long way from qualifying on view numbers. @Theawkwardbruhs On the two videos you mentioned: The one where you appear to be using an illegal drug would get your Adsense account shut down for policy violations, and the one with the "f" word would get labelled as "not suitable for most advertisers" if YT considered it monetizable at all.

Since you only have 6 videos total, a third of them wouldn't make you any money; plus an Adsense shut down or rejection would mean no monetization possibility at all, since the majority of networks require an applicant to be a direct YouTube partner before acceptance into an MCN. Your "non-qualification" was first due to lack of view numbers.

Since the rule change of last April, no network will accept a member-applicant whose lifetime view count is under 10,000. You cannot kick start monetization by joining a network any more. I suggest you make more engaging videos which don't violate policies and grow your channel to the required view count.

Take down the fake drug use video too: all it will do is get you in trouble with YouTube.
It's impossible to rollup a channel with a disabled AdSense, no MCN can do that. You can sometimes invite channels which never started the partner program process (might be only for managed), if a channel was rejected or disabled for monetization they cannot join an MCN.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's impossible to rollup a channel with a disabled AdSense, no MCN can do that. You can sometimes invite channels which never started the partner program process (might be only for managed), if a channel was rejected or disabled for monetization they cannot join an MCN.
I thought that was what I said!

Reaction score
@UKHypnotist hey thanks for answering that question. So I should remove the drug reference video and the f word? How do a lot of youtubers get away with saying the f word without beeping it out. Also there are youtubers that visualize drugs in a satirical manner. How do they get away with stuff like that?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You worded it as majority. I just wanted to make it clear that it's absolutely impossible to get partnered in any way if you have a disabled adsense account.
I said nothing about a disabled Adsense account, however. I actually said...
the majority of networks require an applicant to be a direct YouTube partner before acceptance into an MCN.
And the reason I said that and in that way, was MCN's used to open their doors to applicants who lived in countries where the YouTube Partner Programme was not yet available; such potential members could not possibly have an Adsense account to disable in the first place. Perhaps you can tell me if this is still true or not? Can non-YPP country eligible users still join an MCN in order to opt in to monetization?

Earlier in that post I did say
plus an Adsense shut down or rejection would mean no monetization possibility at all
which was theoretical since the OP doesn't yet have an Adsense account to be shut down!

Last edited:

ericshift1

Reaction score
And the reason I said that and in that way, was MCN's used to open their doors to applicants who lived in countries where the YouTube Partner Programme was not yet available; such potential members could not possibly have an Adsense account to disable in the first place. Perhaps you can tell me if this is still true or not? Can non-YPP country eligible users still join an MCN in order to opt in to monetization?
In most cases no, you cannot rollup a channel that hasn't joined the new YouTube partner program process which requires 10,000 views. The only way I'm aware of to get around this would be the network / an employee of the network linking their adsense.

I have heard of a case where someone in a non YPP country was able to link their adsense (made in that non YPP country) to YouTube & monetize so I'm not 100% sure how it works. A lot of kids channels move to small lowly taxed (and non YPP) nations, and do that through MCNS.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
In most cases no, you cannot rollup a channel that hasn't joined the new YouTube partner program process which requires 10,000 views. The only way I'm aware of to get around this would be the network / an employee of the network linking their adsense.

I have heard of a case where someone in a non YPP country was able to link their adsense (made in that non YPP country) to YouTube & monetize so I'm not 100% sure how it works. A lot of kids channels move to small lowly taxed (and non YPP) nations, and do that through MCNS.
Yes @ericshift1 I am indeed speaking of the days before the 10K rule came into effect, and in those long-gone days, some networks actually would link their Adsense accounts to a desired potential member who lived in a non-YPP and non-Adsense enabled country.