Need help with Microsoft Movie Maker and uploading videos.

TinkerTanker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello all!

So I know the basics when it comes to editing with Movie Maker, but the problem is the finished product is saved in a format that does not allow me to upload via files, and the youtube upload button already in Movie Maker just doesn't love me like I do it, and all it tells me is to try another time. I've recorded a total of three videos over a period of around a week give or take and it keeps saying the same thing.
Does any one know how I can fix this? I'd very much like to edit out some of the... cringy parts if you know what I mean.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use MovieMaker exclusively to edit but NEVER upload from it.

The best and easiest way is to just use MovieMaker to edit your individual clips, and then save each as a high resolution file.

Number the files progressively as you would join them to make the full video.

Don't try to join them in MM as that can cause problems.

OK now download and use a free program called "Free Video Joiner".

This is one excellent little program that allows you to stitch the numbered files together into the complete movie, it then automatically compresses the end file for upload, and it saves the output file in any format you choose. Select MP4 or AVI.

Now you just upload that output file through your YT channel, and job done.

This is a very flexible, no hassle, easy way to get the job done.

You can check the resultant video quality at 1080p on my channel, and see how effectively the compression is applied.

Cheers Rob

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you shoot a movie, you don't just shoot one long piece of video and then chop it up.

You do like the professionals do when they shoot movies, you shoot it in short segments, which together then make the complete movie/video.

Doing it in segments allows you to re-shoot any section where you stuff up.

When you have all the segments as you want them, you then stitch the whole thing together in the correct sequence.

Makes everything a lot easier.

TinkerTanker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This may be just me being stupid and not easily understanding easy to understand stuff, but I'm kinda lost by that. So one full "part" is made up of different recordings?

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes. That's the way movies are shot.

One full movie is made up of lots of individual clips.

They don't just start the camera rolling from beginning to end, uninterrupted.