Need Help Understanding Copyright Claims

CinemaChicks

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

I'm a very new youtuber. I plan for my channel to be highlight videos of myself and a friend doing commentary on movies. So basically, spliced video of the movies overlaid with our comments and some original animation.

That being said, I realize that copyright claims will be a thing for this channel and the first video we put up, Aladdin 2019 was immediately blocked. I disputed it and a few days later it was unblocked. Huzzah.

My trouble is our most recent video of 50 shades of grey with the same format of spliced video and overlaid commentary was blocked immediately. I figured it would be. I disputed and it was unblocked, but after a few days the claim was reinstated and thus blocked again. I tried the "trim out segment" option because the claim was only on 1 minute of the video, but the trimmer trimmed out the entire video sparing the end where we do our outro. To which I deleted the trimmed video and tried to edit out the segment myself. I reuploaded with the new edited video and it was once again claimed immediately on an entirely different spot.

What do I do? If I just reupload the original video or dispute the edited one and it gets blocked again, what will happen to my channel if I appeal?

We do commentary so this should be fair use if I understand right.