Need Help! Lighting Recommendations?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Guys,

So I obviously make youtube videos and I stream but the issue I have is that my lighting is not suitable enough for my greenscreen unless it's daytime (natural light) I would buy a standard lighting kit but I do not have the space to have them on stands. Is there a solution that is mountable to a desk or wall that will provide adequate light for the green screen to function? Any suggestions/ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks,

OrdinaryBiscuit.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production forum. :)

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What kind of Camera are you using? If you're using a DSLR there are some awesome ring lights that are pretty inexpensive that just mount right on your camera. I use both soft box lighting and ring lights depending on my lighting situation. I prefer a soft box for sure but they do require more space. That is my best advice for lighting! :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What kind of Camera are you using? If you're using a DSLR there are some awesome ring lights that are pretty inexpensive that just mount right on your camera. I use both soft box lighting and ring lights depending on my lighting situation. I prefer a soft box for sure but they do require more space. That is my best advice for lighting! :)
I currently just use a webcam since I just do gameplay vids with a facecam though I do plan on getting a dslr as time goes by what kind of mounting mechanism does a ring light use?

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm not sure how it would relate to a green screen, but I have replaced almost all the lightbulbs in my house with these LED daylight bulbs, and now my color in the evening looks great on video.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I currently just use a webcam since I just do gameplay vids with a facecam though I do plan on getting a dslr as time goes by what kind of mounting mechanism does a ring light use?
it mounts to the front of your camera lens. Check out Amazon lighting because you can also try to get a light that you just put on a tripod? :)

Reactions: OrdinaryBiscuit

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Aputure Amaran LED lights. On stands but take up little space and the lighting is fantastic.
I threw away my soft boxes and use nothing else but 2 Aputure Amaran LED lights. Both light panels are only set to around 60% brightness, and you'll see the results from my videos.

Reactions: OrdinaryBiscuit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Aputure Amaran LED lights. On stands but take up little space and the lighting is fantastic.
I threw away my soft boxes and use nothing else but 2 Aputure Amaran LED lights. Both light panels are only set to around 60% brightness, and you'll see the results from my videos.
Thanks I'll be sure to take a look at those :D