Need help finishing up my outro

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I spent a long time making my outro and animating it in after effects.
I have two videos playing in designated areas, a visualiser and cycling backgrounds.
The thing is, I added the videos in their boxes in after effects and rendered the intro that way. Now when I want to link to another video in my outro on youtube itself, I can't because:

a) annotations aren't a thing anymore
b) end screens are static, defeating the purpose of editing in moving video highlights + I'd have to start all over again because the video boxes I made dont correspond with the way the end screens can be positioned.

Any ideas, or do I really have to start allll over again? :(

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Oliver Lesh

Reaction score
I'm sorry but it looks like this whole concept came to its dead end. In case you want your outro to contain clickable links to other videos of yours, the best you can probably do is to resize the boxes/frames in After Effects, render it again and then make use of those end screen cards. I've seen many creators complaining about it all over the internet, but it seems that Google follows the example of Microsoft and scraps some good ideas without improving them. Yes, end screen cards are a good feature (very helpful on mobile devices), but Google could've made it possible to make them animated or at least preview some scenes from those videos instead of just showing the thumbnail.

Reactions: Crown

Firefang

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)
Thank you! Sorry for posting wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1510945513,1510945423][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sorry but it looks like this whole concept came to its dead end. In case you want your outro to contain clickable links to other videos of yours, the best you can probably do is to resize the boxes/frames in After Effects, render it again and then make use of those end screen cards. I've seen many creators complaining about it all over the internet, but it seems that Google follows the example of Microsoft and scraps some good ideas without improving them. Yes, end screen cards are a good feature (very helpful on mobile devices), but Google could've made it possible to make them animated or at least preview some scenes from those videos instead of just showing the thumbnail.
This is very sad news, but thanks for letting me know. They indeed don't really have a habit of improving things, rather introducing new things and scrapping the old ones .. To be fair, videos are so much better than a still .. , you can show interesting highlights to pull people in. But so be it, I guess i'll have to resize everything and reanimate.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Good advice from @Oliver Lesh :up:

Yeah, my advice would be just to have a generic "outro screen with blank placements" where you know you'll place the endscreen videos. During editing, make sure that that "template" screen appears exactly for the last 20 seconds of the video. That way, they'll appear properly for the full duration of the endscreen. Then as a voice over, you could say something like "be sure to check out these other videos" (keep the message general - that way you can change the videos you link to at any time in the future. It's always good to keep endscreens and calls to action general - It'll make sure they are relevant even if/when Youtube decides to change it all again in the future. ^^

Firefang

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good advice from @Oliver Lesh :up:

Yeah, my advice would be just to have a generic "outro screen with blank placements" where you know you'll place the endscreen videos. During editing, make sure that that "template" screen appears exactly for the last 20 seconds of the video. That way, they'll appear properly for the full duration of the endscreen. Then as a voice over, you could say something like "be sure to check out these other videos" (keep the message general - that way you can change the videos you link to at any time in the future. It's always good to keep endscreens and calls to action general - It'll make sure they are relevant even if/when Youtube decides to change it all again in the future. ^^
Thanks for the great advice Crown! Going to fix it asap. Problem solved!

Reactions: Crown