Need help deciding what my channel is about...

NewbArchitect

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys, its been a while since I posted, but I've been trying to stay as active as possible on YT. I post about once a week, thats my "schedule" at least but sometimes life gets in the way as many yall may know.

My question is what my channel genre is. I basically do "animation" like a basic cartoon rig of the face and some arm "expressions" with blinking eyes, all in some motion...but I'm pretty static in cartoon style. I narrate a story and add a few of my vlog clips in to get a point across. I interact in real life with the cartoon sometimes (kind of weird) thought it was unique... this is not pure animation, this is not pure vlog either. what in the world can i call this? im frustrated and feel that youtube isn't helping me get my content out to the ones that might enjoy my videos. may be my fault completely because I have no idea how to categorize this or promote where. please let me know what your thoughts are.

thanks guys in advance!

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is a gaming/variety channel. Youre main first channel should be the birthing place of other channels. If you are like me who after 4 years still do not know what my channel is about..then the best option is to use it as a variety channel to 1. grow it and 2. see what hits and what people like so then you can create a channel dedicated to that one thing.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That idea seems pretty cool! I’ve seen a few other YouTubers that do that and they usually label it as vlogs or animation.