Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Need help concerning a video of mine that was blocked!

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Fodimin, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Fodimin
    Cash:
    $2
    On YouTube, some of my most popular videos are my anime sub-edits, where I basically take a short to medium length anime clip and edit the subtitles almost like an abridged series.
    My latest sub-edit, which due to many things has taken me a month to make is automatically blocked every time I post it (I posted it unlisted too). I'm just wondering if there's anyway around this, I don't monetise my sub-edit videos either. Thanks for your time!
    Further notes:
    -The blocking occurred due to an automatic audio-visual scan
    -I haven't had this problem with any other of my sub-edits
    -The video in question is 5:05 long with the subtitles fully edited so that they nowhere near match
    that of the source material
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2017 ---
    Thanks in advanced!

2. Shakycow
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $497
    YouTube scans all uploaded videos with its Content ID...which compares it to millions of registered audio and videos in its database and only needs a few seconds of footage to match.

There is no way around it outside of using only footage you’ve created yourself.