Need complete honesty..

Matthew Toma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
this YouTube account is old and I’ve changed the username, but I barely started posting videos now, I could use some advice and ask for 100% honesty on my videos... what’s wrong with them and what could be done to improve. Thanks! This is my latest video

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ok, so the title is fairly lacklustre. A generic effect with pretty much unanimated Ariel(is that right?) text over the top. Followed up by a needy please like me. Then 5 minutes of blasting people with loud music covering up the sound of the game so much so the game sound is either completely smothered or is actually absent.

I think for this kind of channel to grow with no personality from you is for you to be jaw-droppingly good at the games you are playing. Nobody is going to be saying "I shared this because the guy is really funny." or anything like that. The only shareability is going to come from the gameplay itself, and nobody is going to say "I shared that because he got 4 kills or whatever."

Personally, I think the music is detrimental because it detracts from the gameplay. The audio designers of the game put every single sound in there to enhance the gameplay experience. By replacing it with music you are taking that enhancement away. Also, I think you are adding something in that is a matter of taste. Your gameplay could be on point and people click the video expecting the game, but when they get the music you are rolling the dice as to whether or not the music choice pleases them. If I watched gaming channels, and I liked the game you are doing, personally, the music would have sent me packing.

But, maybe you can get an audience who plays this sort of thing in the background while they study or something. Making you a DJ of sorts. It becomes your job to make sure you are seen whenever someone is specifically looking for background videos, what the SEO is for that I have no idea.

The Call to action at the start of a video is a big no-no as far as I am concerned. Put it at the end, because the people that have gone that far are the ones who actually like the video's content. Asking up front just adds more time for a viewer to be turned off.

Go to font squirrel or something and browse the fonts there, with a tweak in this department I think your opening will be stronger. Don't be afraid to try combinations of 2 fonts to find complementary pairings, but be cautious about using more than 2. Imagine your opening with an unusual (BUT STILL READABLE :D) font.

hope this helps, and good luck with your channel.

Reactions: SidTV

Matthew Toma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok, so the title is fairly lacklustre. A generic effect with pretty much unanimated Ariel(is that right?) text over the top. Followed up by a needy please like me. Then 5 minutes of blasting people with loud music covering up the sound of the game so much so the game sound is either completely smothered or is actually absent.

I think for this kind of channel to grow with no personality from you is for you to be jaw-droppingly good at the games you are playing. Nobody is going to be saying "I shared this because the guy is really funny." or anything like that. The only shareability is going to come from the gameplay itself, and nobody is going to say "I shared that because he got 4 kills or whatever."

Personally, I think the music is detrimental because it detracts from the gameplay. The audio designers of the game put every single sound in there to enhance the gameplay experience. By replacing it with music you are taking that enhancement away. Also, I think you are adding something in that is a matter of taste. Your gameplay could be on point and people click the video expecting the game, but when they get the music you are rolling the dice as to whether or not the music choice pleases them. If I watched gaming channels, and I liked the game you are doing, personally, the music would have sent me packing.

But, maybe you can get an audience who plays this sort of thing in the background while they study or something. Making you a DJ of sorts. It becomes your job to make sure you are seen whenever someone is specifically looking for background videos, what the SEO is for that I have no idea.

The Call to action at the start of a video is a big no-no as far as I am concerned. Put it at the end, because the people that have gone that far are the ones who actually like the video's content. Asking up front just adds more time for a viewer to be turned off.

Go to font squirrel or something and browse the fonts there, with a tweak in this department I think your opening will be stronger. Don't be afraid to try combinations of 2 fonts to find complementary pairings, but be cautious about using more than 2. Imagine your opening with an unusual (BUT STILL READABLE :D) font.

hope this helps, and good luck with your channel.
Than me for your honesty, I plan on doing commentaries and stuff, but once waiting on my new mic, otherwise the audio Will be bad

Reactions: coliwob

Matheus Brito

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I would have to pretty much parrot what Coliwob said and say that that intro is really basic in my opinion. Plus, whenever I open a new video and that kind of music and effects start playing I instantly click away... I think that might be some kind of shame of it being "lit" and clicking with 11-year-olds.
Also, as said before, gaming videos with loud music and no commentary just make no sense in my opinion... Maybe wait for your mic to arrive before posting. But that is just my honest opinion, since you asked for it.

Reactions: coliwob

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ok complete honesty.

your profile picture is bad. eithr make it a logo or change it to your channels name.

your banner i bad. being basic isnt the worst part but you cropped the worst part of that picture

your overwatch thumbnail which im sure is taken directly from the game isnt that bad but your other thumbnails arent that interesting.

your intro's to long. its not that good but after the 6 second mark i've already clicked off the video. keep the intro around 5 seconds or just get rid of it. i'd actually just get rid of it but if you want to keep it trim it down to 5 seconds or less.

watching your sniper video. if your not going to commentate thats fine ig, but atleast let me hear some of the sniper audio. and your going to have to edit these type of videos. colors, animations, that kind of stuff. make it a montage style video, i dont want to watch straight gameplay with music tacked on.