need advice on video software that can slow down a clip without being out of sync

motopokep

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a software that can slow down a video by a percentage that I can set, without changing pitch of the audio and keeping video and audio in sync?

I need to slow down a musical clip by 2% without changing pitch. Wondershare Filmora only lets you do this by preset %, so by 25%, 50% or 75%, and also changes pitch.

VideoPad allows you to choose %, but I slow it down by just 2% and opt to have pitch unchanged, the result is video always out of sync with audio and the more towards the end of the video, the more the discrepancy is visible.

VLC media player can slow down a video/audio and keep the pitch, but only allows set % like Filmora. There has got to be a way to do this. I even tried unlinking audio/video and doing them separately by same % and then playing them together, but result is same, out of sync.

Thanks in advance.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Export the audio to something like audacity, then slow it down to the desired length (In audacity, there is an option to change it by length, so if you slow your clip down after you export the audio, and its now 2:33 instead of 2:20 or something, you can then set the audio speed by length to 2:33) when you reimport it it should not have changed pitch and it will sync up nicely.

I do this sometimes when I accidentally record in the wrong framerate and Lightworks throws my audio off for some reason.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Motopokep. You need something proper like Apple's final cut pro x or an Adobe product. On any decent editor you can first separate the audio from the video as you wanted then the audio will be unaffected. You can apply a speed increase, decrease, hold frames, and even stepped reductions etc all really easily. Hope that might be helpful. I don't know of any free programmes that do it.