Need advice for my gaming channel

Gawkan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
Hey

I am starting a semi new gaming channel and just uploaded my first black ops video but before I was doing a plan to start tons of series nearly every day but not sure if it might bring too much stress and the plans not coming along too well so I not sure if best stick with one game and change plan and do a different match or video on black ops 2 each day since also my first black ops 2 video was good quality but other gaming videos might have less quality but would people watch black ops 2 videos every day from same person?

Main Plan (each video was going take a day slot every week)
  • Gaming update news - tells about recent updates on games (might still do that once a week)
  • Minecraft let's play
  • Black ops 2
  • Gta
  • The Sims 3

What your opinion -

Black ops 2 every day and gaming update once a week?
Black ops 2 every day and gaming update once a week till get more subs and then do more?
Black ops 2 and gaming update news once a week?
Black ops 2 and gaming update news once a week till get more subs and then do more?
Try stick with the old main plan above?

- Gawkan/OffLimitGames

ClassOfEveryYear

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Do what you enjoy. IF you enjoy all of those games and feel as if you have the time to play them, edit and upload then go for it - the more content the better (as long as they're all the best they can be) but don't let it get to a stage where you get stressed. I make YouTube videos as a stress reliever not an inducer. So I think you should give it a go but if you start feeling overwhealmed just slow down, the subs that like what you do won't go anywhere if you do!

CaptAwesomeNinja

Reaction score
Channel Type
Personally, I wouldn't watch a channel that has that much variety. Variety can significantly help a gaming channel, however if you have too much variety it can hurt the channel. For example, a COD player wouldn't watch BF3 gameplay(thats one example). With that schedule, it could lead to inactive subscribers

NintendoFan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's a tough call, really. I will have to agree and say it's what you would enjoy most. I think that variety does help a game channel a lot. I prefer more variety in a game channel. I would say to try not to get on a set schedule, just in case you are busy with something else one day and can't upload. But, other than that, have fun. Running a game channel is fun, as my cousin and I have one.

Gawkan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Do what you enjoy. IF you enjoy all of those games and feel as if you have the time to play them, edit and upload then go for it - the more content the better (as long as they're all the best they can be) but don't let it get to a stage where you get stressed. I make YouTube videos as a stress reliever not an inducer. So I think you should give it a go but if you start feeling overwhealmed just slow down, the subs that like what you do won't go anywhere if you do!
Yea but I do remember a while ago on a channel I stopped I did tons of videos and got no subs and kind of thought why am I putting myself in this state uploading loads and getting hardly no views or subs however I feel it brings more subs and views since cod video watches will watch cod videos, minecraft video watches will watch minecraft videos but I keep thinking. I currently enjoy black ops 2 so that why I put it as main and like stated it currently my best quality video and quality = people like it more.

Personally, I wouldn't watch a channel that has that much variety. Variety can significantly help a gaming channel, however if you have too much variety it can hurt the channel. For example, a COD player wouldn't watch BF3 gameplay(thats one example). With that schedule, it could lead to inactive subscribers

Yea your right but maybe someone will sub and just watch black ops and maybe another person will watch minecraft putting all the views and subs together but I thinking now, may get annoying trying to impress each sub category and some may complain about me spending more time on other videos then these ones (since I love them more) and they could unsub and stop watching.

It's a tough call, really. I will have to agree and say it's what you would enjoy most. I think that variety does help a game channel a lot. I prefer more variety in a game channel. I would say to try not to get on a set schedule, just in case you are busy with something else one day and can't upload. But, other than that, have fun. Running a game channel is fun, as my cousin and I have one.
Yes can be tough that why I thought I ask people on here who properly understand me. Like I was saying in above in this post, yea more things may attract more people from this place but it if you think you can do it now, after thinking for quite a bit, I not sure it may start becoming unfun trying play couple games each week especially with real life as well but if did 1 video I can stay on the game all day, do editing and upload them in the week however I wonder if people will watch constant black ops 2 videos from 1 guy. Also I heard schedule the best way to go so then people know when you uploading a video so they check on youtube that day to watch that certain video.

Mac

Reaction score
Personally, I'd go for GTA or the Sims 3. Minecraft is over-saturated with playthroughs and Black Ops is also played too much. Just go with something that you'll enjoy making and have fun with it! Also, try not to stress yourself out in the process too much!