Need advice after rejected from being monetized

magentawitch

Reaction score
Hey there

My channel did not get monitize because a few videos up there (for educational purposes) did not get accepted. Can i prove to youtube that is what the videos are for rather than removing them? Because i have a source the videos are sent to for documentation and adding it to literature.

Or should i just wait let my channel grow? I have 13k watch hours right now so not that much anyway. Let my channel grow more than do it? Eventually i just want to use it as a platform for vlogging.

Can we dispute rejections? When can we try again? thanks

DatMasterHunts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've seen people like history channels that get rejected or actually demonetized because they have Hitler speeches for like 3-5 seconds. The problem is Youtube, and you will probably lose if you dispute. So if I was you, I would just let your channel grow. That way they will notice you as a bigger influencer.

Reactions: magentawitch

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

magentawitch

Reaction score
THANK you so much for advice. I have been asking around and no one seems to know. How big should i grow it before trying to monitize again. Watch hours is easy getting subs is a bit hard. Maybe get 100k watch hours and try again. I thought building a large audience before I start more vlogging videos based on the videos already posted. One thing i dont get is all these channels are breaking rules like feeding live rats to snakes, etc.. They get away with it. When i showed a video of a hawk hunting a rat snake to explain how falconry birds are let go to be wild again and learn to hunt on their own it was rejected and i got a strike. Was no blood nothing no animal cruelty. Yet you see hundreds of videos even videos of dogs killing cats. Do they all get away with it because they have huge channels?

DatMasterHunts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The issue is the Platform as well. Yes, if you have more than other channels, Youtube will be more ok with you. However, the channels I see (like ones with 50k subs to even 1M subs) don't really show you the process of the animal killing another animal. There are reasons why people have Patron so if you show the reality that involves killing then you can still get paid. Though yes it is sad that some channels can get away with it, my best bet is to either:

~Show the killing and still be demonetized, get a patron.

~Work around with censorship for it.

The main reason why I said to build up an audience is that they can back you up if Youtube does something stupid like strike the videos you made. Plus Youtube will look at you more if more people watch you since videos now rely on likes and views.

Reactions: magentawitch

magentawitch

Reaction score
ok thanks so much for wise advice. I know a few channels that have wild animal predator prey killing and they have million subs. The main thing is i work with a zoo. And many of the largest zoos like san diego for example are making horrible mistakes. They are putting animals in the same enclosure that do not belong together. Most of these videos are to show how zoos clearly know nothing about the species they mix with. Putting otters with monkey? WIll end in blood. Bears and baboons? Bloodshed, Marabu stork with vultures or geese? All these and much more I have that shows how inept many zoos are and the fact they mix species from different continents is absurd. We are working on a book documenting such things. As well as interspecific agnostic relationships between species. But such concepts seem impossible to explain to youtube. So yeah like you said growing big and having more influence and maybe partnering with other channels will get me more of a voice.

magentawitch

Reaction score
More channels as in branding channels? I was considering doing that.

magentawitch

Reaction score
Hey sorry I do not speak english very well as a first language what does patron mean? Paralegal? Or partnership with other channels that are very large? Any ideas of how to find the right patron? Thanks again so much as it is very very hard to get sound advice online.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@magentawitch

How do you make your videos? If you are using clips from broadcast television, this is copyright infringement, and a violation of YouTube's Terms of Service. If you don't personally shoot your footage but source it from third parties, you will not be accepted no matter how many times you reapply. In addition, downloading videos from YouTube you don't own in order to compile them into videos for your own channel is such a TOS violation that your channel could be terminated for doing it.

The animal fight scenes may also be strong enough in content to violate YouTube's policies on violence or animal mistreatment. Please feel free to use Google Translate to make my post understandable.

https://translate.google.com/

magentawitch

Reaction score
they are all natural videos of animals. What i find sick and cruel is cats being killed by dogs. mice rabbits chickens being killed by snakes. I found 100s of videos like that. The worst was the monitor lizzard ripping up a rabbit. I took a bunch of videos from various sources to make my own. If i take that down will it be accepted? 800 of the videos are mine. I uploaded audiobooks from the public domain and made sure it was okay to do so.