ND Filters For DSLR Video

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, in this video I show you my ND filter and show you the benefits of using it when shooting video with your larger aperture lenses, they are so good for cutting out some of the light especially when making videos outside in broad daylight, without one outdoors you need to use smaller apertures which when shooting video you dont always want when you're after a blurry background.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Thank you for watching!

Now for the tags: @Crown @Vicboss @KGATV @CatsRants @Andrew Flint @Epic Micheal @babyteeth4 @Stef @Apoxa @Katherinejane001 @JohnKenShow @Gabriel @brodielawrence @Fibula @GafferGames @kkushalbeatzz @JeriKane and @everyone I have missed as well as I cant remember everyone off the top of my head lol

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
DAMN! It makes a huge difference! I might have to suggest to college to get some of these! :O

(I will be using this video as evidence ;D)

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
DAMN! It makes a huge difference! I might have to suggest to college to get some of these! :O

(I will be using this video as evidence ;D)
Haha I was very impressed the first time I used one, they work so very well :) Thank you for watching man.

Reactions: Andrew Flint

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Haha I was very impressed the first time I used one, they work so very well :) Thank you for watching man.
No problem, you're videos are always rather useful to me personally as you seem to have the same interests (e.g. camera work/editing) :) keep up the sweet videos, BTW that camera quality is really nice what camera do you use again?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem, you're videos are always rather useful to me personally as you seem to have the same interests (e.g. camera work/editing) :) keep up the sweet videos, BTW that camera quality is really nice what camera do you use again?
That's a Canon 650D with a 28mm 1.8 EF USM lens, thank you I appreciate it, I will make sure I keep tagging you each time. I will try to do more videos on things like this where and when I can :D I really need to get myself a video head, I have a great head but its a trigger head with no pan etc

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
That's a Canon 650D with a 28mm 1.8 EF USM lens, thank you I appreciate it, I will make sure I keep tagging you each time. I will try to do more videos on things like this where and when I can :D I really need to get myself a video head, I have a great head but its a trigger head with no pan etc
Awesome cheers, I'm looking into getting myself a new camera ATM as I'll be leaving college soon and want to do some videos over summer before I start uni.. so I can't book out equipment from either while I'm not at them :') might have to look into getting that kind of kit...

Have you got any heads in mind atm? :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome cheers, I'm looking into getting myself a new camera ATM as I'll be leaving college soon and want to do some videos over summer before I start uni.. so I can't book out equipment from either while I'm not at them :') might have to look into getting that kind of kit...

Have you got any heads in mind atm? :)
What I have has served me very well, I really am glad I went with the 650D because of the touch screen, whenever I buy a new camera I hope they have them because I am so used to using it as well as the buttons etc it certainly compliments them. I want a Manfrotto head but I dont know which to go for, I am really keen on getting a glidecam or a slider too but I wouldnt know which to go with and with them both being fairly expensive I will find it hard to decide between the two as it will likely be one or the other for a long time :D

Andrew Flint

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What I have has served me very well, I really am glad I went with the 650D because of the touch screen, whenever I buy a new camera I hope they have them because I am so used to using it as well as the buttons etc it certainly compliments them. I want a Manfrotto head but I dont know which to go for, I am really keen on getting a glidecam or a slider too but I wouldnt know which to go with and with them both being fairly expensive I will find it hard to decide between the two as it will likely be one or the other for a long time :D
We use glidecams at college! I would suggest the HD-2000 for most DSLR's :) we use them with Canon 7D's and they work really nicely. I would suggest getting a manfrotto head to attach onto the top of the glidecam though that way it makes it really easy to put the camera on and take it off again so you don't have to re-balance the glidecam each time you take the camera off.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
I really need to buy one of these! Perfect time to use my £5 ebay voucher :)