'Nash Grier' Controversy

GeezerGaming

We are the league of Extraordinary Geezers!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Like most of you, my first thought was...what in the hell is a 'Nash Grier'. But, apparently he's another one of those Connor Franta/'O2L' clone people that have way more subs than they deserve. Anyway one of his videos, What Guys Look for in Girls, is gaining controversy, particularity on Tumblr for having a sexist air to it. I don't agree fully but I'm glad to see these people getting called out in some way, shape or form. You can search his video as I can't post links.

@Gabriel @Slowlist @kkushalbeatzz @Le Fancy Narwhal
Sorry, this has nothing to do with the thread but we saw your picture and just thought

Much wow.

Thanks for listening to this cool story.

Le Fancy Narwhal

The Fanciest of All Narwhals
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Gamer
OMG! My friend was talking about him yesterday at school!! She was saying how much she hates him and she singled out that video. I'll have to watch that video eventually

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well im just putting it out there, that most of the "loyal" youtubers these days are girls between the ages of 8-15, so in all fairness ofcourse they will swarm the best looking guys on youtube...I personally hate it, but its the way youtube is going increasingly day by day!
Their videos are the visual equivalent of anonymous, vaguely nutritional mush fed to babies and old people because they have no teeth so it's easy to digest. It's just cheery noises for four minutes. About as much merit as a mobile hanging above a child's crib. It does suck that it is that easy for them to get popular. I believe Austin Mahone and Justin Bieber (even though I'll admit he does have talent) are products of this craze. I feel like that O2L channel is just one big awful amalgamation of it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Have you seen the speechless video on youtube? Nothing but them sitting there over 2 minutes practically saying nothing until the very end. The video has over 500k views. His popularity has little to do with any talent and is primarily based on "good looks". The vast majority of these types of youtubers are popular because of their looks and not their content. He's going to make a lot of money off youtube from basically doing nothing.
It's even more insulting to hard-working YouTubers when you read the video description:

"I didn't have a video for this monday so we threw this together but hanks for watching lol don't wear headphones and watch this! New video thursday due to my lack of effort lol" :rolleyes:

(I've never clicked on "skip ad" so quickly in my life)

Edit: Oh and 7 videos with 940k subs :rolleyes:

Katie Hull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't really see him as a "Connor Franta" clone. Connor Franta has spent years on YouTube and has put lots of work into it. Nash makes 7 Youtube videos with his "hot" friends and gets almost a million subscribers. His actions in that videos (OP) were stupid. The things he said were kind of offensive and I don't think he understands how some of his fans could take what he said to heart. I don't think he meant to cause a controversy, but this just shows how careful you need to phrase things on the internet (*coughtyleroakleycough*).

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Their videos are the visual equivalent of anonymous, vaguely nutritional mush fed to babies and old people because they have no teeth so it's easy to digest. It's just cheery noises for four minutes. About as much merit as a mobile hanging above a child's crib. It does suck that it is that easy for them to get popular. I believe Austin Mahone and Justin Bieber (even though I'll admit he does have talent) are products of this craze. I feel like that O2L channel is just one big awful amalgamation of it.
O2L blurs the line of what a "man" is, they all look like effeminate 12 year olds.

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't really see him as a "Connor Franta" clone. Connor Franta has spent years on YouTube and has put lots of work into it. Nash makes 7 Youtube videos with his "hot" friends and gets almost a million subscribers. His actions in that videos (OP) were stupid. The things he said were kind of offensive and I don't think he understands how some of his fans could take what he said to heart. I don't think he meant to cause a controversy, but this just shows how careful you need to phrase things on the internet (*coughtyleroakleycough*).
True and I honestly don't think Connor Franta is that bad from what I've seen, I just tend to group them all into one.

cmcollection

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
Nash Grier now has over 1 million subscribers across the 7 videos he has made.